Chivalry's Light

Part 2 of the Kai Trilogy

~~~~~~~~~~

Walcott Combat Academy is a prestigious school in Birmingham known hosting magical combat tournaments, where the best and brightest combatants fight each other for pride and glory. Unfortunately, because of this, the school's students are known for being arrogant and selfish. One student, Megumi Fujioka, is much different from the rest, as she is more kind and honorable, and plans on winning a tournament to teach the arrogant students a lesson, but despite making it to the finals, she is defeated by the most arrogant of them all, Shota Kimura, the school's top student.

A year later, Megumi's distant friend, Kai Ishikawa, receives a letter from her to enter the tournament. At first, he is skeptical, as he knows about the school's bad reputation, but he then remembers Megumi's dream to end it.

The Star Alliance arrives at Walcott, where they are already met with hostility from the students. Fortunately, they encounter a small number of friendly students, including Megumi. As they train for the tournament, they have run-ins with the arrogant students, including Kimura's inner circle (Hanzo Hiramoto, Rinko Tsuri, Kaori Yoshikawa, and Minoru Saegusa).

By the night of the tournament, Kai makes his way to the finals, where he takes on Kimura, who uses dirty tactics to overwhelm him, but the officials are unable to see them, as they all involve the usage of Kimura's signature smoke attacks, and the arrogant students are actually loving them. Kimura manages to wear him down, much to the delight of the arrogant students, but Kai angrily snaps, immensely increasing his power, which he uses on Kimura, defeating him, much to the surprise of the students, and the delight of the Star Alliance and Megumi. However, things get dark, as Kai approaches the defeated Kimura, while raising his katana, making it look like he is going slay him, much to everyone's horror. Suddenly, he instead destroys Kimura's sword, much to everyone's relief, and Kimura's horror. Kai then loudly gives out a speech to the students that "Those with no honor are not worthy of wielding a weapon", before leaving with the Star Alliance and Megumi. Upon hearing Kai's speech, the arrogant students, including Hanzo, Rinko, Kaori, and Minoru, realize the error of their ways, and toss their swords into the arena, before leaving, with only the honorable students remaining in their seats, and Kimura in disbelief.

Afterwards, news spreads across Birmingham about Walcott changing their ways, and the Star Alliance and Megumi hang out at a local café to celebrate their victory, when they are given a surprise meal, which was paid by Hanzo, Rinko, Kaori, and Minoru. The movie ends with the four joining the Star Alliance and Megumi out of respect.