Chapter 9 - run away or stay?

SMG4 POV:
I couldn't believe it. I've managed to make everyone upset at me, especially SMG3. It's all my fault... Why am I like this? I stumbled out of my bed, feeling horrible about the situation. I made my way downstairs, making sure the rest of my friends didn't see me (they were somewhere else?). I left the castle. Heartbroken. I went to the lake where I usually come to when I feel down. It feels good to just be outside and alone.

...

Why did I even help him? I was already pissed at him because I had to kiss him but as soon as I saw him hurt I just... had the urge to help him. We've hated each other for god knows how long but now we are partners? This never would've happened if I just left him outside or something. Now I have to deal with my friends knowing that I literally fucked SMG3. Would they even want to look at my face? Maybe if I just leave it all behind, if I just leave it would be better for everyone.

Mario POV:
We were just silently watching SMG4 sitting at the lake and processing what just happened. I can't believe he was spending all that time with SMG3 for... that.

"What do we do now?" Tari asked quietly.

"I have no idea," Meggy replied.

The sky was getting darker and SMG4 didn't move an inch. I think- no. I AM going to talk to him. I took a deep breath.

"I'm going to talk to him"

My friends were mouthing not to do it but when Mario sees a friend hurt in any way, he's always going to do something about it. So I walked up to him slowly trying not to scare him.

Everyone lol (except smg4 and smg3) POV:
WHAT IS HE DOING

SMG4:
I'm going to apologise to SMG3 and leave. No questions asked. I was going to stand up but I felt... a hand on my shoulder. My heart felt like it literally shattered into a million pieces.

"SMG4-"

"Just go Mario. There's no point talking to me." cutting him off and taking his hand off my shoulder.

"What do you mean? You can talk to me" he said. Why is he being so nice?

"No... what I did was wrong. I should've never helped him in the first place." I replied. "Just let me be".

"You can find love in all sorts of god damn places SMG4. Yes in the span of less than a day you've found and made... love... but it happens."

It was quiet for a moment. Was he right? Maybe I should just stop overreacting and accept it.

Wow look at me I posted lets goooooooo
This SMG34 is getting popular what???
Thanks so much see you byeee