Husband Or Wife

(AN: Kongpob - 2nd year, Arthit - 4th year)

The day's classes were over and so Arthit and his gang decided to have early dinner and relax before going back to their dorms and resume their studies. They had just ordered the food when Arthit receives call from Kongpob. Bright looks at the caller ID and forcefully puts Arthit's hand at the centre of the table. He quickly picks up the call and puts it on speaker phone.

Kongpob: Hello P'Arthit.

Arthit (rudely): What is it?

Kongpob: Ow P' why are you talking like this? Is something wrong?

Arthit: Nothing is wrong. I am busy so I'll talk to you later.

Kongpob: But P' even when you are busy you talk to me softly ---

Arthit: Don't... Don't lie... I always talk with you like this only. Now if you have no reason to call I am hanging up.

Kongpob: But P'...

But before Arthit can escape the humiliation and teasing that he knows will come his way, Bright interferes.

Bright: Kongpob, don't mind Arthit. He is just pretending to be tough to prove that he is the husband in your relationship.

Arthit: Urgh not this topic again. Btw I am not pretending. I am the husband ---

Tootah: Oh please. We have seen many times how you go all soft and gooey for your Kong.

Arthit: Huh... I don't go soft and gooey... Whatever that word means... ---

Bright: Oh yes you do. Even just now you melted because Kong called.

Arthit: Hey only I get to call him Kong.

Bright and Tootah: Ohooo...

Tootah: See you didn't even deny about the melting comment.

Bright: Ai'Arthit don't stare like that. It's not scary with the smile pasted on your face.

Tootah: Smile and dreamy eyes for his husband.

Arthit: I told you I am the husband.

Bright: Prem, you are the husband in your relationship with Wad so what do you think?

Prem: I think... Umm... I don't know. What do you think Knot?

Knot: I also don't know. Sometimes Kongpob acts like a dutiful wife but sometimes Arthit also... Ouch ---

Arthit: Don't even finish that sentence.

Knot (while rubbing his ankle where Arthit kicked him) : Why are we discussing this again?

Bright: Tootah and I have bet against juniors. We need to prove that Arthit is the wife to win the bet.

Tootah: Bright you idiot! Why did you tell them? Now Arthit will never accept and we will lose 10 Baht.

Arthit: Are you seriously telling me that you have been bugging me for days for 10 baht!?

Tootah: Hmmm... looks like your rich husband is spoiling you too much to remember the value of 10 baht.

Arthit: For the last time he is not the husband.

Bright: But he does spoil you right? What all things does he give? Can you share some --- ouch --- stop hitting me Arthit.

Tootah: Yes, stop hitting us. It's Kongpob who'll have to foot our hospital bills as compensation.

Bright: Exactly. Don't be so high maintenance or else he might leave you.

Tootah grabs the phone from Arthit's hand which was still held tightly by Bright in order to keep the phone in the centre.

Tootah: Kongpob, I want to ask you directly. Is Arthit your husband or wife?

Arthit: Kong if you say anything I will kill you!

Bright: Don't be afraid Kongpob, I will protect you. Oh btw I am P'Bright and you are on speaker phone.

Prem: You idiot he has already figured that out. So Kongpob what is your answer?

Arthit: Hoii not you too Prem. Tootah give me back my phone.

Tootah: Hey Bright did you notice that after your comment Arthit didn't hit us once.

Bright: Oh yes. Aww such a loyal wifey. Will sacrifice his wishes to protect his hubby's money.

Tootah: So Kongpob don't be mad at Arthit. He isn't high maintenance, at least not with you.

Arthit: Urgh you both! Kong why are you still on the line. Just hang up already.

Tootah and Bright: Nooo... Wait...

Tootah: Wow he followed that order very fast. He really disconnected the call.

Bright: So does that mean that our Arthit is actually the husband and Kongpob his wife. Damn!

Arthit: You don't need to look so upset. It's just 10 baht.

Bright: So then you give us to pay.

Tootah: Yes, after all we lost the bet because of you.

Arthit: What?! How did ---

Arthit's phone beeps with a message.

Kongpob: P'Arthit, I called you to ask if you could bring dinner for me on your way to your dorm. I have mild fever so didn't feel like going anywhere.

Arthit: Sure. I am on my way there. I will also buy medicines for you. Take care.

As Arthit starts to leave...

Knot: Arthit, what happened? Why are you leaving suddenly?

Arthit: Kong is not feeling well so I am going to his place with medicines and food. Bye.

With that Arthit rushed out of the lunch hall. All four pairs of eyes, observing his mad dash, came to the conclusion of their initial discussion.

✯✯✯✯

(AN: Please take it in the fun way. Also, being wife doesn't mean as being called 'female' here. Just those characteristics of a stereotypical couple. No offence to anyone.)

18/10/20.