005

LOVE IS MYSTERIOUS-005

A/n: I feel like I have to address the speed of everything. I love slow burns, but this isn't one because of the time frame. Three days isn't enough time for a slow burn. The speed at which Rose and Jack and Eve and Thomas fell in love is very fast (in my opinion), but love is mysterious.

"How was it?" Eve asked, leaning over the railing of the stern, looking down at the water as her brother sat down on the bench next to her.

"She—she said that she loves him and is gonna marry him," Jack replied, his elbows on his knees. "Said she'll be fine."

"And what did you say?"

"She trapped, Eve, and she's going to die if she doesn't break free. She's strong, but that fire I love about her it's gonna burn out." Her brother explained as she sat next to him. "I heard her talking with Mr. Andrews."

Eve raised her brows. "Oh? What about?"

"You," Jack says, glancing at his sister. "But I can't tell what they were talking about."

"Why not?"

Jack looked around the poop deck. "Mr. Andrews should be the one to tell you that. It's not mine to tell."

The siblings fall silent, Eve leaning against Jack's shoulder, her arms looping around his. The sound of the water below hitting against the ship's side and the wind whistling invaded their ears.

"What's gonna happen when we get to America, Jack?" Eve spoke, breaking the silence.

"I don't know, Eve. But we'll figure it out together." He replied, leaning his head against hers. He grabbed her hand. "Like we always do."

"Where you go, I go," Eve says, smiling.

"Where you go, I go." Jack nodded, pressing a kiss to her head. "I love you, Eve."

"I love you, too, Jack." She replied.

***
At sunset, Thomas walked as fast as he could—without drawing attention to himself, towards the stern of the ship. After the tour, he had a few things to do before talking with Eve.

Once he was at the poop deck, Thomas was about to walk into the dining salon when he saw the silhouette of the girl he was looking for. Walking onto the poop deck, he saw Eve sitting on the deck with her legs hanging over the side of the ship.

Her blonde hair fanned over her shoulders as stands danced with the wind. She rested her cheek against the back of her hands that were curled around the railing, and her lips were turned up into a small smile.