008

RESCUING JACK- 008

RESCUING JACK- 008

Running through the grand hallway towards the elevator, Eve and Rose pushed past several people before they slid to a stop at the doors of the elevator. The elevator operator blocks the entrance to the lift with his arms.

"I'm sorry, misses, but the lifts are closed." The man says.

Rose grabbed the man by his uniform, pushing him into the lift in rage. Eve stepped in as the redhead shouted. "I'm through being polite, goddamnit! Now take us down!"

The man pulled the lever down with a scared face. The lift moved downwards towards E deck as Eve closed the gates. As they made it down to the deck, freezing water started to pour into the lift.

"I'm going back up."

The elevator operator screamed as he tried grabbing the lever again, but Eve shoved him away.

"No!" She flung open the gate, grabbing Rose's hand as she stumbled out of the lift.

"Come back! I'm going back up!" the man shouted as he pulled the lever.

Eve didn't waste any time looking for the crew passage. She walked through the water as fast as she could, with Rose following closely behind her. As they came to the D deck stairs and the corridors Thomas had told them, the women went down opposite directions.

The bitter cold ocean water was up to her calves, prickling like thousands of tiny needles in her skin. The corridor was rapidly graining water each minute as they searched for Jack.

"Jack!" They called together, their voices bouncing off the walls. "Jack!"

"Jackson!" Eve yelled, using her brother's full name.

She stopped suddenly when she heard the faint voice of her brother calling out for them. Rose and Eve looked at each other before they both hurried towards the sound of his voice.

The girls met a door where Jack's voice came from. Rose pushed it out, stumbling into the room and making her way over to her lover.

"Rose! Eve!" Jack says, his voice filling with relief.

"Jack, I'm sorry." Rose cried, kissing the man. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"That guy Lovejoy put it in my pocket," Jack replied as Rose hugged him.

The couple pulled apart, the redhead backing up and letting Eve hug her brother. Eve wrapped her brother in a quick hug, squeezing as tight as she could before pulling away.