Tea

After a few seconds of waiting, three servants entered the dining room, two adults and a little girl with her blonde hair tied back with a ribbon and wearing a little blue dress and clean white apron. She shyly approached the table and she was holding a teapot in her little hands. A plump old woman kindly smiled and gave her a nod; it was her grandmother, Mrs. Potts. The girl nodded back before turning back to the table.

"Would, um... would any of you care for some tea?" The girl asked.

"Yes, thank you, Polly." Beast said, picking up his cup.

Polly nodded and obediently poured tea into his cup before moving on to Belle and filling her cup as well. Then she made her way around to Ben and Mal and filled their cups, but she paused just as she was about to approach Hades who was giving her a bored look. She took a step back in fear.

"It's okay, Polly. They won't bite, I promise." Mal whispered to her.

Taking a deep breath, Polly walked up to Hades.

"Care for some tea, Mister Hades sir?" She asked, trying not to sound terrified.

Hades rolled his eyes, picked up his teacup, and said nothing as Polly started to pour the tea.

"You can just tell me when to stop." She reluctantly said.

"Okay, stop. That's enough, thanks." Hades quickly said; Polly stopped and saw that the cup was filled to the brim.

Then she walked up to Maleficent, who had the same deadpan expression as her ex. The dark fairy took her cup.

"Just half a cup... please." She said, narrowing her eyes.

"As you wish, Madame Maleficent." Polly said as she poured; she stopped when it was half full.

"...Thank you." Maleficent said.

Polly nodded and quickly went to hide behind her grandmother; Mrs. Potts took the teapot from the little girl and set it to the side. Hades and Maleficent took a gulp from their respective cups; Belle and Beast looked at each other, then at their son.

"No cream or sugar with that?" Ben asked.

"Nope, I'm good." Hades answered.

"Me, too." Maleficent added.

Hades suddenly let out a burp. Mal cringed.

"Eww, dad." She said.

"Ugh, you could at least say excuse me." Maleficent muttered in disgust.

"Hey, I was just about to, but you interrupted me... Excuse me." Hades said.

Maleficent rolled her eyes before glancing over at Mal; she decided to start a conversation. "So Mal, did... anything else interesting happen while I was a lizard? My memory is still a bit blurry."

"Oh! Well, um... do you remember Uma?" Mal asked with a nervous look in her eyes.

"Ursula's daughter? Oh yes, I remember her, barely."

"Well, she uh, she... held Ben hostage on her ship back on the Isle and threatened to throw him overboard if I didn't hand over the magic wand. And she, Harry, and Gil helped me stop Audrey from completely taking over Auradon not too long ago."

"Audrey? Isn't that Sleeping Beauty's daughter?"

"Yeah, she stole the Queen's crown and your scepter from the museum to exact her revenge on Auradon for 'turning their backs on her' as she put it."

Maleficent's eyes widened; the child of her sworn enemies stole her staff and vowed revenge on her daughter... that was certainly something you don't hear every day.

"And I had to use Dad's ember to stop her."

"Really?" Maleficent looked back at Hades; he nodded his head in conformation.

"Yep. And between you and me, Audrey isn't exactly the nicest, sweetest girl in all the land. Not exactly queen material, if you know what I mean." He pointed out.

"Hmmm... I guess I can believe that." The dark fairy commented.

A man in a golden yellow suit cleared his throat; it was Lumiere. "I am very sorry to interrupt, but dinner is served."

"Oh yes, thank you, Lumiere." Ben said.

"Yes, thank you." Mal added.

"Of course, Your Majesties." Lumiere said as a few more servants entered and started to place food onto everyone's place.

Hades and Maleficent stared with wide eyes; they were expecting a casual dinner, but the food that was placed before them was anything but casual. Hades looked around.

"Uh, excuse me? I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't this a little too much?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm not sure if I wanted any marinated this or garnished that." Maleficent chimed.

"What's wrong? Is this food too fancy for your tastes?" A round man with a golden pocket watch asked the two villains.

"Now, Cogsworth, do not be rude to Mademoiselle Maleficent." Lumiere scolded his companion. "She and Monsieur Hades are our guests; we must make them feel welcome here. And after all, what is dinner without a little music?" He smirked.

Hades and Maleficent looked at each other nervously. "Music?"

"Oh, no! No, no, no, no! That's okay. We're fine; we don't need any Broadway-style musical numbers while we eat." Hades quickly said.

"Yes, yes. No need whatsoever." Maleficent added with a nervous chuckle.

"I'm sorry Lumiere, but I'm afraid they might be right. There's really no need." Beast chimed in.

"Oh, of course, of course. As you wish, master. Now, bon appétit." Lumiere said before he, Cogsworth, and the other servants exited the room.