Chapter 01 : Carolyn

𝑇𝑜𝑜 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠

𝑇𝑜𝑜 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠

•10 Months Earlier•

"Okay, can you sing me something by Adele."

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, what do want me to play." My grandma says knowingly while rubbing her hands together, slowly starting to play the chorus of ♪When We Were Young♪.

"I want you to play that song, the one you were playing now."

"This one"she says as she replays the chorus,"but you don't know how to sing it, remember?" She says jokingly.

"I have been practicing it the entire week grandma, I pretty sure I know how to sing it now." I say proudly.

"Okay, but before I play it come sit down next to me." she says while patting a spot next to her on the piano bench.

I sit down quietly and quickly notice the seriousness on her face. I adjust myself on the bench so I was facing her, with my right hand resting on the piano while my left hand rested on my thigh.

"Grandma, what's wrong." I say after I see a tear run down her cheek.

"I have something very important to tell you."

"Okay." is all manage to say while watch her face closely.

"You know that I don't like there to be any secrets between us that's why I want you to know before it's too late."

"Grandma, what's wrong." the last words live my mouth in a of soft kind of whisper.

"Cassie" She puts her hand on top of the hand I was resting on the paino. "I, I, I have cancer."

"No, no." I say to myself quietly while run tears go down my face I start questioning what I heard.

"No it can't be, you can't possibly have ..." My words get cut off as I choke and cry at the same time.

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎

That's the only image that keeps replaying in my mind as I sit in my locked bedroom staring at the the picture of grandmother and I on the day of my kindergarten graduation.

I have been sitting here for hours quietly sobbing and thinking about everything that has happened till this point. All my surroundings blocked out as I'm in my own world were l'm all alone.