Chapter 02 : Carolyn

𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠, 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠, 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

•Present Time•

3:00PM

-Carolyn's pov-

I draw the curtains gently, as though presuming it were so fragile it could tear with the slightest touch.

I looked at them, the dried up shrubs and dead plants that once made up my mom's garden.

......
.................

•13 Years Earlier•

-Narrator's pov-

"Can you pass me those pruning shears." Said Elina.

"What are pr... shes?" Asked the little girl that was sitting on the ground a few feet away.

She let out a small laugh "The thing you used to cut your dolls hair."

"Oh, those!" Said the three year old happily as she remembered how well she had done the doll's bangs.

Three year old Carolyn, stumbled to her feet picked up the shears and gave them to her mother.

"Thank you, Callie."

Elina was almost six months pregnant. Therefore she wasn't allowed to work at her florists store in her condition, so she would just get up everyday, go to her garden and work.

......
.................

-Carolyn's pov-

I hear a gentle knock on my bedroom door "May I come in?"

I sit down with my head leaning on the cold glass before groaning loudly. "Yeah sure."

"Since you will be living in the girls hostel for the next few months, I got you these." he gives me a small smile before handing me a beddings, a pile of books and headsets.

"Thanks."

He turns to leave but turns around and walks towards me. He stops where I'm sitting on the floor and leans forward to place a small kiss on my forehead.

My lips form into a thin line and then almost immediately into a smile .

"I love you, okay?" Then he leaves.

"Good night." I whispered softly to myself.

I stand up, take one last look out the window and then I go to bed.

......

................

•The Next Day•
8:39 PM