14

tw: physical abuse

tw: physical abuse

—14—

a few more days passed and jisung still hadn't come back to school.

especially minho and felix were worried about him, but it calmed them down whenever seungmin told them he was fine.

it was a thursday and after a long night out with hyunjin and changbin, minho found himself laying awake in his bed. he didn't know if it was because of how much he'd smoked within the last hour but he just couldn't fall asleep. usually smoking helped him sleep.

he thought about calling someone to pass time but he got rid of the thought, when his phone lit up from a notification.

jisung
can we talk?

minho felt his heartbeat immediately pick up as a smile spread on his face. he was so glad the younger was finally reaching out to him.

minho
of course
when?

jisung
can you come over?

minho
right now?
it's pretty late, are you sure?

jisung
unless you're tired, tomorrow's fine too

minho
i'll be there

jisung
ok
thank you

minho got out of his bed and quickly grabbed a hoodie. he was only dressed in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt but it was so late anyways, he didn't think his appearance would matter too much. not to mention he was just too happy to get to see the younger again.

as quietly as he could, he cracked his door open, glancing down the hallway. all the lights were off, so he figured his dad was asleep. opening the door a bit wider, he slipped out of his room and walked passed the living room toward the front door.

"where the fuck do you think you're going?"

minho froze as the voice sent chills down his spine. his breath hitched in his throat, not wanting to turn around.

"i'll be back in a second-"

"that doesn't answer my fucking question."

the floorboards creaked and minho listened to the footsteps nearing him. he was trying to think of something to say that wouldn't make him angry. he could not mention jisung, god knows what would happen to him or jisung if he did.

"i-i just wanted to get some fresh air", minho said as confidently as he could but he felt his own voice fail him. a hand gripped his shoulder a bit too tightly and he started to shake.

"no need to go outside. you could just open your window."

"it's not the same when they're bars on them", the boy whispered defeatedly, head hanging low

"that's what happens when you don't learn how to behave."

"but i-"

minho couldn't even finish talking when he felt himself being turned around. next thing he knew, there was a harsh punch being aimed directly at his stomach.

minho yelped as he crashed to the ground, heaving as he tried to breathe properly.

"look at you. you're so fucking pathetic."

the room fell silent as minho tried to push himself off the floor, only to be kicked back down on his back. the other's foot stayed there, applying pressure on his spine.

"please stop", he pleaded, tears threatening to escape his eyes.

"you're crying? you're kidding me right?" he leaned down, taking a handful of minho's hair to tilt his head up. minho was unable to meet his piercing gaze.

"dad-"

"don't fucking call me that", he spat, his voice menacingly deep. minho gulped, fear written all over his face.

"i don't see you as my son, so you shouldn't see me as your father either."

after he said those words, he got up and left the room, leaving minho on the ground. minho coughed, feeling a sting where his right ribs where. not broken, but definitely bruised.

"i'm sorry jisung. i won't make it today."

a/n: thank you for reading !!