01 - Scorn Me In The Afterlife

Cale doesn't remember how he was placed in an underground cellar with no light pouring in, with no knowledge how much time had passed from the outside world.

He wonders where did it go wrong. Was he being too lenient and careless despite being in a war? Cale who was previously Kim Rok Soo, should've been more cautious since he had already experienced countless battles in his previous life.

Everything around him was blurry. His body aching painfully despite the common fact that his ancient power should've healed his wounds by now.

Cale couldn't even utter a low whine when he felt his wrist burn at the painful friction of the rope that was tying him.

"Cale."

The redhead looked at the source of the voice, a blurry shade of red moving in front of him.

There was then a lamp that was settled beside him, Cale blinks to see the White Star fully in front of him and his guard raised at the maximum in case on what he plans on doing.

"Eat."

There was then a piece of meat that met against Cale's bleeding lips. The disgusting stench of blood penetrating his nose as he weakly glared at the man.

White Star smirked, "Go on, eat. You'll get stronger."

Cale's eyes blown wide when he saw the meat that the White Star was trying to feed him. It looks like a charred one that was burnt from cooking, if you ignore how blood still seeps from one of the tendons.

"....!"

The White Star then forced his mouth open, easily clenching Cale's jaw as he stuffed the black meat inside his mouth.

Tears pooled at the side of Cale's reddish-brown eyes as he tried to spit out the meat.

He can't, for the love of God, he just can't.

"Listen to my pleads, my dear child. Eat."

'No...'

"Raon..." Cale utters in a hoarse voice.

The White Star tilted his head in a mocking way as he pushed the flesh more inside his jaw.

"Raon? Ah, so that is the dragon's name."

Along with that, the White Star forcefully closed Cale's mouth making him bite the meat.

The taste of blood and meat joined, the nauseating smell making him gag and have the need to vomit it out...vomit the black meat that looks like a dragon's heart.

"Good boy, swallow it all. It'll make your foundation strong."

Cale chokes, his eyes becoming blurry again as streaks of tears continued to run down on his cheeks.

'Raon...'

He wants to think that this is all just a part of his delusion, that Raon was still alive and talking with his siblings back in their home to bring him back, that Cale was the only one abducted.

Cale managed to spit out bits and pieces of the flesh, making the White Star frown as he pushed the heart more with no regards of Cale's comfort.

"Your child will be sad if you waste any of his heart. Eat it all Cale Henituse. If you did, I might just give you his body for you to have a company."

His pupils dilated at the confirmation from his enemy, his whole being trembling in rage and sorrow as he processed the information that was thrown at him.

Cale wants to ask how could someone be so immoral, so inhumane that he have the guts to make another person mad by forcing him to eat something inhumane.