02 - Two Kings In A Game Of Chess

A black figure continued to leap from rooftops to the walls that protects the Rowoon Kingdom. The night empty of stars as a storm will soon hit the kingdom that was peacefully standing in the Western Continent.

Cale stood at one of the poles of the Church of the God of Death as he scoured the bustling night city of Huiss. Looking afar, he stares at the castle of Rowoon and its residents living there.

He jumps.

There were three individuals discussing the recent reports that Alver received in the past month of Cale and Raon's abduction. A black-haired man donning a white mask killing every connection the Rowoon Kingdom have, like a reaper that comes to collect humanity's souls.

First was Valentino. He died being hanged against his own castle walls as vultures circled around his corpse.

Second was the excommunicated priestess Kage. It was shown that she greatly struggled to fight against the mysterious figure considering all the cuts and bruises embedded on her body. Her face almost unrecognizable if not for Taylor to identify his best friend's corpse.

Third was Gilbert Chetter. He died by drowning at some part of Ubarr Sea Territory where the most guards should be surveying.

Yet a murderer escaped from their grasps.

Alver hums in contemplation as he massaged his temples from the headache forming. He's still frustrated at the abduction of his sworn brother and the black dragon.

A long month of searching, and the White Star hid his tracks very well.

Even Rasheel was silent. Very silent that it worries the gold dragon.

And here, Alver receives the fourth death.

It was Violan from the Henituse Duchy. She died by being poisoned from the dead mana that was injected to her bloodstream.

The ancient dragon lowers his head in grief. Already imagining the faces of Deruth and his children while they mourn for their mother and wife.

And Cale's face. Cale's emotions will be the calmest to see but if you look closely to his eyes, it is a raging storm.

Eruhaben whips his head and stares outside the window. His instincts screaming at him as reptilian eyes cautiously looked anywhere suspicious.

"Eruhaben-nim, is there something wrong?"

The gold dragon fidgets around, not sure whether to go near the window or not. He feels strong bloodlust directed to him, forgetting for a moment that Choi Han and Alver were with him inside the blonde's room.

His pointed ears twitched, hearing a foreign sound before immediately putting a protective barrier around him and the two.

There was then an explosion that resounded. An attack that was supposed to hit him if not for his instincts as an ancient dragon acting up.

Eruhaben stared eye to eye against an individual in front of him. Cold reddish-brown eyes looked at him emptily as the man swung his sword in attempt to slash the gold dragon's neck.

Alver and Choi Han could see the people of Huiss clamoring outside, they were being attacked by the people who wore the black uniforms of red five stars and a white star in the middle.

"Evacuate the citizens!" Alver yells at one of the undercover dark elves.

"You...!" Eruhaben exclaims as he used mana to push away the black-haired man away from him.

He also wears a white mask, but he's not the White Star they all knew.

Eruhaben seems to know this man, Alver and Choi Han thinks before rushing in to help.