04 - Kill Thy Sinner

{Play all the sad songs you know cause in 5.4k words, shits about to go down and so are your tearsㅡ}

War spares no one. Even if you are just an innocent person walking home to your family, or a soldier fighting for what you know is right.

It spares not even the innocent, and so is Cale.

Cale killed everyone he both know and didn't know in his range of sight. All under his own actions and the command of his former enemy, White Star.

The White Star laughs jovially as he watches the despair on hie enemies' eyes. The way fear and anger swirled with the said emotion, he continued to laugh and laugh.

"Ah, my child. You came back."

He looks at Cale who only bows his head robotically, his reddish-brown eyes devoid of life.

"I'm back, my liege."

The White Star could see how Eruhaben's eyes widen in shock when he saw Cale beside him. The way he wants to scream his name to snap him out of the brainwashing from the demons.

Eruhaben knew he can't do anything about it, he knew he's useless when it comes to the business of the Divine Race and Demon Race.

"Eruhaben-nim!"

Jack screams as he ran towards the ancient dragon, not minding his little sister who only looked at him like he's insane for running straight to a battlefield when he's just a healer.

The saint holds the ancient dragon's shoulders, a firm gaze was sent as Jack gritted his teeth.

"We'll get him back, I promise. Just distract him and not let the others attack him, just enough so that I can go close to him."

It would be easy to say, but hard to do. Even if the White Star is alone and most of his troops are already dead and his backup may come anytime, the redhead can just stand still and let Cale do the work.

Cale is strong enough since he's a dragon slayer and is adept in controlling mana, too adept that he's almost in par with Rosalyn.

Eruhaben dashes forward, aiming at the White Star with rage.

The others did too with anger swirling towards Cale as they tried to attack him. They tried, but Eruhaben deflects all of it and attack the White Star at the same time.

He's in offense and defense at the same time.

"Don't touch the dragon slayer, he's mine."

Dragons are extremely territorial when it came to their possessions, that was the common thing about them and to have a lair full of gold and things they covet.

Eruhaben would hide his child for all eternity if that's what it means that Cale would be out of the harm's way.

Not wanting to confront the rage of the dragon, Choi Han and the others moved to attack the White Star first...for now.

Whilst Cale was busy for deflecting the attacks of the others, he barely managed to dodge the gold spear that aimed for his neck.

There were tears falling from Eruhaben's reptilian eyes. He was scared that he actually decapitated the man if not, he dreads the next actions he'll do to distract Cale.

It hurts him.

Cale stares at him with an empty look, black and gray mana alike swirling in both of his sides before lunging at the ancient dragon.

Bloodlust. Eruhaben could feel Cale's bloodlust towards him once again.

Eruhaben wishes that the war would end already, he wishes that Cale would come back to him, to them, to his family.