Prologue: The Last Stance

4 men looked to the side.

A figure stood there, streetlights shining bright behind him casting his shadow on the floor.

Even though they couldn't see the person's face, his scent caught on a man's nose.

"It's him..."

"That son of a--" A man in a suit with enormous green and white wings spread behind him, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO ME AND MY LIFE?!"

The figure didn't respond, the man flew at high speeds, like a vulture, ready to catch its prey. 

A web shout-out into the man's face, yes, a web. The figure spun the man using the silk line that smacked into the man's face.

He swirled around, before letting go, and sent the man screaming as he got thrown into the sky. The 3 men's eyes widened as they looked at one of their members who got thrown across the sky.

An unmasked Spider-Man stood in the light.

"Who's...n-next...?"

"Are you okay, Aunt May?"

Aunt May sighed, "No Gwen, I'm not. I didn't want this life. No, I wanted-- I didn't--" Her voice broke and tears streamed down her cheeks, "I'm running away and letting a little boy fight a fight that no little boy should have to fight...he's just a little boy..."

"He'll be okay," Gwen tried to comfort her as much as she could, "He's always okay!" Though her voice quivered a bit.

"It's just...Oh, Ben Ben Ben, I don't know what to do."

The phone suddenly rang, and Aunt May hurriedly picked it up, "Hello?"

"Is it Peter?" Gwen whispered to Aunt May.

"May? May? It's Doris-- from across the street. Where are you?"

"I'm in my car."

"You're not home?"

"No."

"Oh, thank God!"

"What's going on?" Aunt May asked, Gwen, leaned in.

"I don't even know how to say this."

"Just tell me what is it!"

"It's Peter."

"Is he okay?"

"He's--"

"He's what?"

"I-I think he's Spider-Man."

"What's happening?!" Aunt May demanded," Tell me exactly what's happening?!"

"Th--there are these men and...I'm--I'm oh God--I'm sorry May! I don't know how else to say this."

"But.. they're killing him."

At that moment, Aunt May slammed the brakes and turned around. 

"Oh my God!!" Gwen shrieked as the car made a U-turn at full speed.

"Hold on!!" Aunt May went back to the house full speed, "Hold on Peter!!"

"GET HIM!!"

One of the men, Kraven, raised his gun and shot at Peter Parker.

Peter ducked and kicked over a fire hydrant. He sprayed water at the men, who got pushed back. 

Peter's spider-sense started to go off and looked up to see Sandman raise a giant fist.