Issue 3: Shocking Parallels

The train rumbled, as it skidded along the tracks smoothly. Peter looked out the window to watch the buildings pass. There he saw 2 teens. One was a male and the other female was leaning on his shoulder. Peter smiled, but it faded slowly.

"Why does this world hate me...?" He grumbled softly.

The train slowed down, as Peter walked out.

He had told the U.A staff that were keeping an eye on him that he was trying to find his old stuff at Hosu City. They were initially suspicious, but after talking with the principal, they gifted Peter an ID card specially made for this occasion. 

He was told not to run away, hide, and especially get into trouble with law enforcement as after the Hosu City incident, they would be on high alert.

Peter knew this, and he did what he did best.

He nodded his head as he understood, but secretly had his invisible fingers crossed behind his back.

The New Yorker tried to relocate his things, but it was much more complicated than expected as police officers constantly chewed him out for being near a crime scene.

"You'll have to take another direction," The officer stated with his hands behind his back.

"Yes, but my stuff is somewhere close here," Peter reasoned.

The officer nodded but didn't move, "We'll let you know if we find your stuff, but it will take a while since we are busy cleaning up the destruction from last night."

Peter sighed and nodded, he couldn't blame them. Lots of locals probably were injured or killed by the destruction. Even if he was being blocked by the officer, he could see broken buildings and fallen cranes.

A bunch of paramedics raced past him with an injured hero on a stretcher.

The angsty teen sighed and guessed he should screw off now since law enforcement is busy.

He'd have to find another way to get his stuff.

His "stuff" was mere rubbish, but Peter still wanted to get it, so the U.A staff wouldn't be suspicious of Peter coming back empty-handed.

So he decided the next best thing was to find an alleyway, but it wasn't for dumpster diving this time.

Peter stripped off his clothes, revealing his bright red and blue costume. He pulled the mask over his face and wrapped his clothes in his webbing, creating a makeshift backpack. Throwing the bag over his shoulders, he started leaping from one wall to another.

Reaching the top, he took a giant leap to the other building.

"Where was it..?"

The New Yorker quickly leaped from building to building, surveying the damage done to the city. Every time Peter looked into an alleyway, he could only find rubble from damaged buildings or teenagers trespassing with phones out.

He ignored them and continued with his journey.

Alleyway after alleyway, as well as avoiding police, he found a giant dent in a building.

"Well, this place looks familiar..."

He zipped across another building before poking his head from the roof. Many police had plastered police tape, blocking individuals from getting in.

Many policemen were there, searching the alleyway.

Peter caught a glimpse of his familiar backpack, behind the dumpster. The policemen didn't seem to notice it yet.

He needed a plan to grab the backpack without getting caught or else he'd be in big trouble with U.A.

"Just need a plan..."