Unofficial Officials

This drives me mad. I seriously cannot help but cringe when an adult official suddenly talks like a fifth grader or when a 'realistic fictional character'(based on a true person/job. Think Simon Cowell in 1D fanfics, a choreographer in a Little Mix fanfiction and so on. People that do not count would be someone in The Hunger Games. They would have differen't laws because it is set 74+ years ahead of modern time.) says something very far fetched. I can't help but feel like the quality of the story has just dropped 100% by how unrealistic the wording is of an official.

Maybe it is because I am a cops daughter or maybe I just watch way to much tv about crime investigators or the Navy (NCIS shout out ;). I mean really when and where do the police just knock on the door and say "here is you're fine for breaking Mrs.Kitties car" in the middle of the night or tell the person being arrested's boyfriend EVERYTHING. By everything, I mean everything: why they are under arrest, all the evidence against them, how much bond will be(even though they have not seen a judge yet to know if bond will even be set) and oh how the house will now be under surveillance and all the phones are going to be taped even though the criminal is now in police custody.

Do you know the legal tape you have to climb through to tap someone's calls? At the very least they need a court order. Then all the mess with the phone company, it's not easy and it sure won't happen on your basic DUI or reckless driving.

  Or how about Principles? Have you ever had a principle/headmaster? Does he just tell someone to leave the school and find another? Does he just go oh hey, I think you need to be in Reform School because well, I don't like you? If he does, you should sue or something.

Just seriously, do some research on laws or whatever you are trying to write about.