Moving Too Fast

Don't you hate reading a book that takes 150 pages before it actually begins the story?
 Well it seems like fanfics have the opposite problem, too fast plot progression. 

Here's What I mean:

The common 'mistake': Within 2 chapters of meeting each other, the couple is deeply in love and talking marriage plans.

Or by chapter 1 the MC meets someone and finds out he/she is a witch, by chapter 3 the MC hates the opposite character and is running around showing off their new powers, by chapter 4 the MC and love interest are forced to be together by some reason of faith, by chapter 5 they are in love and doing it and  by chapter 6 they story is readying itself for the end.

The extreme case: In one page: they have meet, fallen deeply in love and faced and concurred their first major trail as a relationship.

The fix: Just space it out and add details. Let the MC have time to think and process the new found person in their life. If they are coming into magic let them freak out and try to figure out what exactly they can do. Tell me if you meet someone who told you could fly, you wouldn't at least give it a shot? Then when you found out you could fly; you would so be in the backyard flapping your new found wings all day.