[ ✯ NINE ✯ ]

Note: I have no idea who the person in the image is, but that is sort of how I imagine Mathew Robins to look like.

"Hey, have you heard? There's a new student coming in today. Apparently someone saw him being toured around the school early this morning." A feminine voice spoke, chatting with her friend before the period began.

The other student blinked upon hearing the news, "really? I had no idea. I wonder what he's like."

"Yeah, and apparently it was the principal who gave him the tour, not one of the students. Do you think he's someone important?"

"No, I don't think so.." She then continued, "sounds more like a delinquent, since he hasn't been paired with a senior yet."

"Ugh, don't we have enough of those already?" The unnamed girl sighed out, pinching the bridge of her nose out of frustration.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" A familiar voice questioned, stepping forward to reveal herself to be none other than Tachibana Hinata.

"Oh, hi, Hinata-chan!" One of them greets, giving their female acquaintance a kind smile. "We were just talking about the new student."

"You mean Kazutora-kun?" Hinata replied, tilting her head curiously at the information.

The other parted her mouth in shock, "you know him?!"

"Ahh, yes. Well, sort of. We met once and became friends." Hinata said, recalling the interactions that she shared with said boy.

"Is he really a delinquent?" The girl that theorized it asked, curiosity lacing her voice.

Hinata shook her head, "I know he said he was, but he honestly did not act like one. Maybe just someone with different views than others?" She didn't want to say that he came out of juvie, thinking that sharing such information would be too intrusive.

"So he's just some rebel? Hopefully he doesn't cause any trouble. It's annoying to have to listen to people crowding in the hallways just to witness a fight."

"I don't know if I can promise anything," Hinata nervously laughed, "but I don't think he'll intentionally disturb any of us." If only you knew, Hinata. If only you knew.

"Soo, what's he like, then?" One of the girls questioned. She was the one that originally shared the rumor.

"I think he's pretty playful overall, but he has good manners. Never once said anything rude or insensitive to me, so I think he's a good guy." Hinata answered, before asking her own question. "Why do you ask, Suzune-chan?"

The girl's name was revealed to be Suzune, full name Himawari Suzune. "Oh, nothing. I was just curious, is all. We don't get too many new students, especially so late in the year."

Suzune then continued, rounding up her notebooks and pens once she noticed that class was about to begin, "what do you think, Nanami-chan?" She looked towards the other girl, the one that correctly theorized that he was a delinquent.

Sasaki Nanami quickly responded, expressing her opinion with dabs of uncertainty, "I don't know, really. What if he's just a player trying to win your heart, Hinata-san?"

"I don't think he would do that..." Hinata thought to herself for a moment, "he didn't seem to mind that I was already dating Takemichi-kun. If anything, he didn't seem to be interested in anything but being my friend."

"Yeah, that's how it could start off as! What if you end up being the female protagonist of some love rivalry!?" Nanami said worriedly.

"Nana-chan, you really need to get your head out of your rom-coms," Suzune commented, sighing in exasperation at her best friend's wild ideas. "If Hinata-chan says that he's not a bad person, then he's not. Don't you trust her?"