Chapter 5

TW'S: Swearing, mention of weapons, mention of panic attack, mention of murder. (Nothing bad tbh)

3rd person, Zak's POV:

You know, child, the first time I heard this story, I refused to hear the rest of it after Zak said that to Darryl. After he gave me an hour to calm down, he started to tell me the rest of this story, and I was so happy that he did. Don't stop me from telling you this, it's worth it. I promise.

"Your the man's son?" Darryl's heart sunk, and he couldn't help but let himself cry once again. "I'm so sorry Zak.." His face changed, and the dirty blonde couldn't tell what the expression meant. "Did you take me here to hurt me?" The taller immediately hugged him once again, whispering words in his ear, hoping that he heard them... hoping he believed them..

"No, that's not why I brought you here. I was going to kill you, since the day I met you actually... but I can't. I am not like my dad, I can't be; Not anymore. I wanted to hate you, it would give me a reason to kill you. I was going to gain your trust, so you'd let your guard down. Then, when I finally had your trust, you got mine as well. You are the first person I have ever truly cared about, I will do anything to protect you. So that's what I did, I got you out of the school; And I'm going to continue to take care of you, as long as I can."

Zak stiffened as Darryl first started to speak, and his eyes widened. He wanted to push the blonde away, but he calmed down, and put his hand over the taller's. The crying male waited for him to say he should stay away from him, but the brunette never said anything like that..

"Darryl, thank you; For telling the truth, and protecting me. My dad warned me about you, but I did not listen. Now I'm glad that I didn't." A big smile pulled against Darryl's lips, and the shorter gave a similar smile right back at him.

He looked around the small treehouse, "So where are we?" The dirty blonde shrugged his shoulders, because honestly he did not know. "Well, some old treehouse, it seems. I found this diary, it is actually pretty sad..."

Zak took the diary from Darryl's hands, and read each page just like he done earlier. The brunette was making faces while reading, the dirty blonde enjoying the warmth of his smile, until he got to the saddened pages.

"That's awful, I guess Karl and Alex never came back after Sapnap's father took him..." Darryl slowly nodded his head, because the shorter was probably right. That thought made his heart ache for the boys.

No- kid! It's not as simple as you think it is! Zak did not just magically start trusting Darryl. I know it sounds like that, but really, he took time. Them sitting in that old treehouse together, Zak seeing the truest side to Darryl, he knew they were safe together. It solidified their fate, the future was set in stone.

While still resting Darryl looked upset, and it made Zak trust him more, in a way. He knew the other had a lot of empathy. He was a really sweet person, who was forced to be someone he wasn't. Zak kept thinking of the trio, and how maybe they had gotten together? People were more excepting of the lgbtq+ community, and the thought of the lovers not getting a chance of happiness was too much, for both boys.

"Do you think that's going to happen to us?" The blonde looked at him with confusion, so he elaborated his question. "I mean, do you think our fathers are going to take us away? Yours will punish you for saving me, and mine well.. he probably thinks I'm dead.." Darryl shook his head no, and took smaller hands in his own.

"I am going to stay away from my father, and you.. I will just have to be here if you need me."

CREAKKKKK

They heard a loud noise outside. His thoughts started to race, while Darryl just had a determined face. He stood up, taking the smaller with him, then carefully sat him back down.

3rd person, Darryl's POV:

Darryl looked out the window, trying to see where the loud noise had came from. He saw his father in a distance, hitting random trees with the same axe as before. Dense silence overtook the peaceful feeling the treehouse once had.

He opened the window that was covered in vines being as quiet as possible. "Zak, follow me. Do not step heavy, try not to snap any branches." The taller carefully climbed out the window, and waited for Zak at the bottom of the tree.

When Zak started to climb out he fell, and landed on his ankle, he almost screamed but was able to cover his mouth just in time. Tears pricked his eyes, as he tried to stand but could no longer walk. "Leave me here okay, Dar? Just go, I will hide somewhere."

Listen, sometimes adults do silly things when they have very strong feelings. I know it would have been smart if they suggested to stay together, but this is not my story. I am telling you what happened, not what should have happened. Now hush, it seems your uncle is also very interested in this story.

Darryl decided it would be better to go to Zak's home, so that's where he took him. The brunette's dad greeted them by the door, "Hey, is he okay?" The dirty blonde, angrily, nodded his head at the man. "Yeah, he just fell." Matt gave him a suspicious look, but didn't ask any further questions. The taller ran Zak up to his room, and lied him on the bed. "It will be okay! I'll go get an ice pack!"

He ran back to the kitchen, leaving a peaceful Zak in his room. Matt stood in the living room; And spoke to the male. "I know who you are, Darryl." The blonde gave a grin, "Yeah, and so does Zak. Lucky for you, I didn't tell him about precious ol dad.." Matt's confidence quickly faded; his smile faltered, despite him trying to hide it.

"My father will not hesitate to hurt you, if it will allow him get to Zak. When that time comes; I will not be the one listening to your screams." He grabbed some frozen peas, and walked away from Zak's shitty father. "He doesn't love you, you know?"

Darryl turned back around quickly, nearly frozen in his place. "I am sorry? Were you the one carrying him out of the school? Did you have him in your arms when he was having a panic attack? Or, how about sleeping on your chest? Exactly it wasn't you, it was me, because I'm not afraid to fight! You are too late. It's going to keep being me, as long as Zak will allow it." Darryl slapped the man, then walked away before he could say another word.

Nobody is going to mess with Zak, not ever again..

A/n:
Fifth updated chapter! Sorry I didn't change this one much.
Eat and drink I love you!
Sincerely, Ray!