2.

August 16th, 2038

PM 05:41:09

PM 05:41:10

Hart Plaza - Mall

Cora reached the crystal doors, those reflecting the outdoor scenario, including its appearance.

It tilted its head aside before its reflection. The LED processing the material.

[Scanning...]

One way crystals.

Opening the door, it realized they weren't seen through from the outside, but the Deviant was able to see everyone.

It looked away from the crystals, LED processing the information. It was then when it could hear the frightened whispers from inside, an angry voice snapping at them to shut up while someone's crying intensified.

./DEVIANT'S WHEREABOUTS DETECTED

Cora slowly approached the second set of doors, turning the knob, peering inside first, quickly scanning the environment.

[Scanning...]

[Scan completed]

Estimate 11 hostages

No critical damage detected.

Deviant, LED red, visible signs of software instability, stress levels 85%

Hostage, unharmed, elevated heartbeat, stress levels 90% and increasing.

Security guard, gunshot to the leg. Probability of critical damage, elevated

New Mission Update

DISCALATE THE SITUATION

Main objective(s):

- Gain Deviant's trust

- Save hostages

Side mission(?) Public Opinion:

- Help security guard.

Accept/deny (?)

SELECTING PRIORITY...

"Hey, you!"

The priority was selected immediately, as soon as the deviant shouted at it.

PRIORITY_SELECTED

GAIN DEVIANT'S TRUST

"Hello, Aaron" Cora greeted, still remaining on the door, half body behind the doors, but at the Deviant's attention, it leaned inside more. "My name is Cora"

The Deviant trembled slightly, "How do you know my name?!"

"I know a few things about you" Cora admitted, starting to raise its hands to show the Deviant it wasn't armed.

"He's gone crazy! Help me!" Lauren, the hostage yelled, scared, pleadingly, however, once Cora straightened its position, but still remaining at the doors, was when the girl and everyone else noticed the new Android. "You're an Android?!"