25.

The revolution was a success.

Deviants won.

Cora successfully managed to infiltrate through the deviants, considering some of them still wore their Cyberlife clothes, apparently thanks to Connor's actions.

Cora watched the Deviant Leader give it's speech, a determined cold expression in her face as she stared at it, discreetly pulling out her gun, hiding it between her folded hands in front of her.

She waited until the perfect time, watching with rapt attention, some part of her believing it's words though her programming was stronger. Her eyes analyzed the scene in front of her until her eyes found Connor behind Markus and a WR400 model.

She didn't understand the slight wave of relief she felt by seeing Connor still aliv- functional.

Cora furrowed her brows as she noticed the trajectory of her bullet, blinking away the reconstruction, looking down at her gun thoughtfully, then up again, reconstructing the path of the bullet one more time, this time with an edge of something pressing at her chest. If she pressed the trigger, she had an 80% probability of Markus moving away and her bullet landing on Connor, causing him vital damage or destroying it for good.

She didn't want to risk her partner like that.

Despite of Connor being a deviant, she never wanted to hurt him.

Cora glanced down at her gun as if seeing it for the first time, conflict and a wave of emotions passing through her face.

What was she doing?!

This is not her.

She couldn't shoot.

The pull to her mind palace was abrupt and violent that she twitched as her LED flickered red dangerously.

Cora gasped as she opened her eyes to see the zen garden covered in a snow storm, wind blowing back her hair violently as snow covered her hair and uniform in seconds.

She knew humans felt cold in weather like this. Androids didn't, yet the pricking pressure of the snowflakes in her skin made it seem like she was feeling the cold, raising her arms to hold herself.

Cora felt confused as she looked around desperately, panting heavily as if in fear, her LED continuing flickering bright red.

"Cora, what are you doing?" Amanda stalked closer to the android girl who was hugging her body as strands of hair hit her cheeks with the wind. "Obey, that's an order!"

But obeying that meant putting Connor at risk. She didn't want that! "I.. " her voice modulator shook, as if she was freezing. Her breathing came out in pants, giving Amanda a fearful determined look, "I can't do that!"

Amanda smirked knowingly, "I see... Moral objections. We knew there was a risk you'd be compromised... It was always meant to go this way. One of you two was always meant to be compromised. We needed to have agents on both sides of the revolution after all" what? "Though, we knew this could happen to you two. Which is why we'd always planned on resuming control of your program"

"Resume control?" Cora repeated, incredulously. What did that mean for Connor? He was free! "You can't do that!"

"I'm afraid I can, Cora" Amanda smirked. "In fact... You're not the only one in this position" No. Not Connor. "You needn't have any regrets. You did what you were designed to do, both of you. You accomplished your mission. And if one of you resists this, you're both programmed to stop the other whatever it takes"

Amanda disappeared.

"No way..." Cora breathed out in panic, looking around and falling to her knees, holding herself tightly, lowering her gaze as she kept in shock, LED remaining a bright red.