24.

NOV 10TH, 2038

PM 11:01:06

PM 11:01:07

Hart Plaza - Downtown

Cora opened her eyes.

^Software Instability

She was in an automatic taxi, alone. She didn't look at her side, not sensing Connor's presence. The taxi arrived to it's destination. The deviant hunter glanced at the building she stopped in front of, picking the case she carried with her.

She was back in her Cyberlife issued uniform, her hair up in a high ponytail, strands of hair framing her face and her blue LED.

When she had woken up in a new body, in confusion she realized she had her memories intact, bar few corrupted memories. She remembered Connor mentioning how when his body was destroyed, the next model didn't get all of his memories, only the important ones.

Cora thought those would be only about the mission, though she was wrong. Interactions with both Hank and Connor also remained.

As she made her way to the roof, a wave of uneasiness passed through her at how silent everything was. Not clinking sounds from a coin that she was used to, LED flickering momentarily as well as her thirium pump speeding slightly with a slight malfunction and the familiar software instability prompt in the corner of her HUD before she ran a quick diagnosis, systems fully operational. The label disappeared and her thirium pump went back to normal. Odd.

She pushed the door to the roof open, looking around as snow fluttered down from the sky, some snowflakes piling up at the top of her head, clothes and in the hair framing her face, the cold breeze of the wind lightly making her strands of hair framing her face brush past her synthetic skin. It didn't bother her.

./FIND VINTAGE POINT

Cora nodded to herself, carrying the case with her, walking across the roof towards the ledge, setting down the case, glancing down to see if this was a good spot, LED cycling as she noticed from that spot she could see the deviants' gathering, looking down at her case, opening it to see dissembled parts of a gun, calmly and expertly arming the sniper rifle, resting it on the railing as she adjusted the scope, putting her face closer to scan the perimeter until she found Markus in between the crowd. It was standing in a makeshift podium with the rest of the deviants behind it. Her finger hovered in the trigger, aiming at the back of its head.

"You shouldn't do this Cora"

Cora's finger froze on the trigger at the sound of the Lieutenant's voice behind her. Hank could see her light thingy flicker yellow briefly from where he was making his way to her.

He had been saved by Connor recently and the boy had confided in Hank about how worried he was about Cora, how she was still under Cyberlife's control and the way he was forced to deactivate her and how guilty he felt about it. He had even told Hank he knew Cyberlife was going to send another Cora to finish their mission, like he was brought back after getting destroyed in the high speed road. He wanted to save her again but he also knew that freeing the androids from the warehouse was important and that he was conflicted about what he should take as priority. Hank decided for him at the sight of his light thingy turning bright red. He'd talk to Cora while Connor saved their people.

And so here he was, having found her by profiling Cora as if she was part of a suspect he was looking for, deducing her stubbornness of stopping the revolution and Connor's insistence of how her mission detailed stopping Markus whatever it took. Markus was surrounded by his people, and Cora was still a machine, she would stand out from the deviants so she had to find a way to do her mission without anything stopping her.