Period

"I think I'm dying." I say into Chris's pillow although it's muffled. I just woke up and went pee just to find out I'm on my period. It makes sense. I had random ass stomach pains last week, which always happens before I get my period.

     Thank god I didn't leak onto Chris's bed. That would be embarrassing. I had to get new underwear though. It's a good thing I keep a spare at his house.

     "Why?" Chris asks which a small chuckle. I turn my head to look at him in the doorway. He has only shorts on and his hair is wet. He just got out of the shower. He walks to his closet and sifts through his shirts.

     "I got my period. And I get horrible symptoms." I groan and bury my head back in the pillow.

     "Symptoms? As in plural? I thought there was only cramps." He asks before getting into bed next me.

     "No, absolutely not. At least for me. I get mood swings, random ass food craving and migraines. Oh my lord, the migraines are the worst. On top of cramps that make me feel like I got stabbed and then the knife was twisted." I explain. He chuckles and lays a hand on my back.

     "That's a lot." He laughs quietly. I turn my head toward his and glare.

     "It's not funny. I'm dying." I cry out the last part. He stifles a laugh and rubs my back. "I just want to sit here all day and do nothing but cuddle and watch movies." I tell him, scooting over so I can lay my head on his lap.

     "Honestly, I'm very okay with that. Is there anything else I can get you?" He ask me, running his hands through my hair. My heart melts at his question.

     "Could you ask your mom if she has a heating pad?" I mumble into his leg. "And can you get me a glass of water?" I ask, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. He nods and I get off of him so he can go.

      I'm flipping through Netflix trying to find a movie when Chris's door opens. His mom comes through with Chris behind her looking guilty.

     "Chris asked me for a heating pad for you and I immediately knew." She says, holding up the heating pad. I give her a grateful smile and accept the heating pad. "Start it out on a lower setting darling. I also got you pain killers and I have extra pads and tampons in the bathroom for you. They're just under the sink." She explains, moving her hands while she talks.

     "Thank you so much. You really didn't have to do all this." I thank her and she reaches out and takes my hand.

     "Oh it's no trouble. You're like a daughter to me and Chris wouldn't have been able to get you all of this on his own." She gestures to her son who's still standing in the doorway with a glass of ice water.

     "Hey, I got the water." He defends, holding up the water. She waves him over and takes the water from him. I sit up in Chris's bed and she hands me the water in one hand and the pain killers in the other hand.

     "If you need to take more in a few hours you can. And if there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to let me know." She smiles warmly at me and I feel my heart melt even more.

     "Thank you so much marylou." I thank her again and she waves it off before leaving me and Chris alone.

     "Sorry. I told her not to come in but she didn't listen." Chris says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

     I shake my head and hand him the water after I take the pills so he can put it on his nightstand. "It's actually really sweet." I smile at him reassuringly.

      Chris doesn't say anything but he glances at me and gives me a little smile. I reach over the other side of Chris's bed, the side I usually sleep on and plug the heating pad into the wall. I sit back up and blink a few times when I get dizzy. Once I stop getting dizzy I lay back down and see that Chris is putting on five feet apart, my favorite movie.

     "Aw my favorite movie. You didn't have to do that. I know you really don't like this movie." I tell him but he shakes his head and hits play. He hold his arm out, signaling for me to cuddle up to him. I scoot closer to him and lay the pad on my stomach. I put it on medium to start with.

      Chris watches the whole time with curiosity. "Why does a heating pad help?" He asks, voicing his curiosity. I pause, realizing I have no idea why.

     "Honestly I have no idea." I answer with a shrug. I drape the covers over us and lay my head on Chris's shoulder. He reaches around my shoulder and runs his fingers through my hair.

     "We need that touch from the one we love. Almost as much as we need air to breathe. I never understood the importance of touch, of his touch. Until I couldn't have it." I listen to Stella say. I can already feel the tears prick at my eyes. I love this movie so much and I've watched it like 10 times but every single time I cry.

     Chris kisses my head. "You're not crying already are you?" He laughs, still running his fingers through my slightly tangled hair.

     I look up at him and roll my eyes. "Shut up. You say you don't like this movie but I know you secretly do. You cried the first few times we watched it too." I point out, poking my finger into his chest. He smiles and lets out a tiny laugh. I find myself mesmerized by the sound of his laugh and the picture of his smile.

     "That's because I was thinking of how sad I would be if I had to leave you like that. And if I could never kiss you, or hug you." He says, blushing slightly. I reach up and cup his cheek.

     "I was thinking the same thing." I whisper. He leans down and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

     "I'm glad I can though." He says before pulling me even closer. I lay my leg across his legs and wrap both my arms around his abdomen.

     "I love you Chris."

     "Love you too baby."