Birthday

I wrote this on their birthday fyi, I just haven't uploaded it until now

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

      I wake up facing the wall in Chris's room. I grab my phone under my pillow and take it off the charger. I check the time and see that it's 11am. I have to leave at 12 to help Nathan and Marylou set up the party.

     I decided this year to organize a surprise party for the triplets. Their friends from LA flew out here to come too.

     I put my phone back under the pillow and turn around to look at Chris. He's still sleeping of course, he always sleeps in until 12 or 1. His arms are under his pillow and he's sleeping on his stomach. I reach out and move his hair out of his face and kiss his bicep.

      He stirs a bit and his eyes slowly open. His blue eyes peer at mine and he smiles a bit. "Good morning." He says groggily, the sleep still evident in his voice. My stomach flutters at the sound.

     He rolls onto his side and lays an arm over my waist, pulling me into him. I snuggle into his bare chest and instantly feel more warm. We both sigh happily at the same time, causing us to laugh. I pull my head out of his chest to watch him while he laughs. His laugh is one of my many favorite things about him. His face is scrunched up in joy and he's smiling.

      He notices my staring and his laughter dies down. He stares right back at me, a small smile still of his face. His hand starts to run up and down my waist, making goosebumps appear there.

     I reach my hand up and twirl a piece of his hair around my finger while I admire him. There are small freckles dusted all over his face and his face itself seems to be glowing in the morning light. My heart feels like it's going to burst with affection.

      He seems to read my mind and leans in to kiss me. I really don't care if I have morning breath, I just want to kiss him. I pull back and see that Chris's eyes are closed blissfully. He groans and pulls me back in for another kiss.

      I cup his face in my hands and we kiss for a few moments. I pull away again and we both open our eyes. "Happy birthday." I whisper to him. He smiles widely and squeezes me closer to him.

     "Thank you. There's no one I'd rather wake up to on my birthday." He says and kisses my shoulder, making my stomach flutter.

     I look over his shoulder for the time. It's only 10 minutes after 11 but I have to leave soon. In like 5 minutes because I still have to go back to my house and get ready as well as pick Nathan up. Then we have to pick balloons up from party city.

     I sigh and lean back into Chris. I don't want to leave him though. If I didn't have to leave then we probably would sit in bed for another 30 minutes just cuddling. We might even go back to sleep. But I also really want to pull off this party for the triplets.

     "Chris." I say and kiss his shoulder. He hums and starts rubbing my back. "I have to go soon." I tell him.

     He pulls me back a bit to look me in my eyes. He pulls a face of confusion. "What? Why?" He asks, sounding a bit hurt.

     "My dad says he needs me home to meet his new girlfriend." I make up a lie on the spot. My dad hasn't dated since a few years ago when it ended badly with a girl named Grace.

     Chris frowns and I can tell it genuinely hurts him that I'm leaving him on his birthday. I feel my heart squeeze and I find myself wanting to just curl into Chris and stay here all day. "Okay, can you come over tonight though? I think we're going to make a cake for our channel." He mutters sadly.