Meeting and Family

This is a story based of a one shot I made for my one shot collaboration. The idea was so intriguing, I decided to make it a full on story. The idea? What if Meggy was Meta runner? The premise of this story starts before season 2 of meta runner and ends at the End of season 3.

I made a one shot story for this which you can find in my one shot stories, but just for a recap, here it is for a setup.

(Note: I don't remember how long was in between Meta runner seasons 1 and 2, but for the sake of this story, let's say it was a year and a half.)

...

Tari crashed down on the bed she'd been assigned, her fingers feeling almost broken.

Never in her life had she imagined she'd get tired of playing games.

It had been two months since she and MD-5 had tried and failed to take down Lucks.

It gnawed at her every night, knowing they had Lucks right were they wanted him and then everything went wrong.

Since then, Theo had been trapped in TASCORP's servers as a prisoner after his game got crushed. She hadn't heard anything from Sophie, Lamar or Masa.

Last time she saw them, they were at their lowest and Masa got his arm shot off, so they were basically at rock bottom.

And ever since she'd been captured, Lucks had been pushing her to her limits to fully test her Meta runner abilities. It was a living hell, barely having any time to sleep.

She tried to doze off just for a few minutes, but heard her door open with a groan.

Tari: Ugh...Lucks, please just let me get a full nights sleep.

Belle: Your lucky I'm not Lucks or you'd be in big trouble just for saying that.

She looked up, seeing Belle in her doorway as she flicked on the lights.

Tari: Oh, hey Belle...

Belle: Don't worry, this isn't more training. Okay, it's related but all I wanna do here is introduce you to someone.

Tari was immediately confused. Who was she gonna meet?

Walking into her doorway, she saw a girl with ginger hair and brown eyes walk in with a game console in her hand, probably only half a foot shorter then her. She was dressed in a similar manner of Belle, with the added details of a long sleeved jacket and the fact her Meta-arm was painted a bright orange.

Belle: Tari, this is Meggy. She's one of the higher up in the meta-runners and she's gonna be "Training you" up until your first showcase match.

Tari: Uh...okay?

She got up to shake her hand.

Tari: N-nice to-

Meggy: Don't. I expect you up at 7 in the morning first thing tomorrow. See you for training.

She casually went back to playing her game and Left Belle and a confused Tari alone.

Belle: Yeah, she tends to do that. I'd watch your back, she can get really rough.

Belle left soon after. All Tari could do was nervously gulp at what would happen tomorrow.

...

Tari walked into the gaming training area, seeing Meggy sitting in a nearby chair playing one of the shooting games. Tari recognised it from playing with Masa, but Meggy was moving like a machine as she killed the enemies left and right. It kinda made Tari scared.