Girl talk

(This is set during Season 2 episode 4: Transfer student, but because MD-5 isn't shown in this one, I'm just putting in this one as a bit of story development.)

...

The neon lights of the dark sky lit the balcony as Meggy stood outside Masa's apartment. Crystal had finally gone down for a nap and after she got a well deserved sleep herself, she needed a moment for herself.

Her mind kept drifting off, thinking of Tari. The last time they'd spoke, she seemed so tired and helpless. The way she'd described the others had proven true, even the things she'd said about TASCORP.

And then their was the issue of how to get her out of their, as well as her friend Theo.

Meggy: (Sigh) Tari..what am I gonna do?

Sophia: You talking to yourself out here?

Meggy turned on a dime, trying to act casual as Sophia walked out.

Meggy: Uh, no! I'm just...thinking over plans once Masa gets his arm fitted.

Sophia: It's okay, I do that too.

Sophia joined her by leaning on the handrail.

Meggy: You do?

Sophia: Yeah. Whenever I feel lost, I just...think that my sister is somehow listening to me.

Meggy: You have a sister?

Sophia: Yeah. Or...used too.

Sophia looked down in sorrow.

Meggy: Oh god...I'm so sorry.

Sophia: Don't be, it's no one's fault.

Meggy: What was she like?

Sophia: Well...she was a meta runner, one of the best actually. She's older then me and Masa actually used to work with her during his time at TASCORP. And Belle...they used to be best friends.

Meggy: Belle had a friend? She always seems so controlling.

Sophia: Heh. Well, Luce somehow managed to do the impossible.

Meggy moved closer.

Meggy: How'd it happen?

Sophia: One day, she went missing. I was so worried, then I got concerned Lucks did something to her. It's the whole reason I joined MD-5. I was so sure she was safe...

She clenched her fist.

Sophia: But then their was the arena...when we lost.

Meggy: What happened?

Sophia: Masa just lost his arm. He would've lost his life as well if I hadn't come out when I did. They wiped my computer and I demanded the truth.

She sobbed a bit.

Sophia: Belle told me what happened. Something about project Blue and a lab experiment gone wrong. Their was an explosion and...she didn't make it out.

Sophia rubbed her eyes as Meggy put a hand on her shoulder.

Meggy: Sophia, I'm so sorry.

Sophia: It's fine...no one could've seen it coming.

Meggy slowly put the pieces together in her head, putting together everything she knew until she found a conclusion.

Meggy: Tari...she was related with this project Blue, wasn't she?

Sophia: As...far as I'm concerned, yes. But...that doesn't matter. What matters is that we get her and Theo out of their.