Fatal Error (S2: Ep10)

The silence in the car, the only noises being that of Crystal squirming in Meggy's arms and the cars passing by on the street. Lamar had started driving around, trying to avoid TASCORP cars as Lucks expanded his search.

Meggy stared off through the window, a million thoughts running through her head about how this was all going to turn out.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Tari started twitching in her unconscious Meta state. Suddenly, the air in the car glitched and turned into a shriek as a small figure fell from midair.

Meggy looked in shock as Theo, the main character of Ultra Jump Mania, stood rubbing his head in the backseat of the car.

Theo: Ow...I should be more prepared for that.

Lamar: Theo! I'm glad your back!

Theo: Thanks Lamar, good to be back! (Turns around) Hello, who are you?

Meggy just stared at Theo, her eyes sparkling.

Theo: Uh...hello?

Lamar: Meggy, you wanna introduce yourself?

Meggy: Sorry, it's just...meeting a video game character in real life has been my dream since I was 11.

Lamar: Right, I get that. Theo, this is Meggy. She's got a kid, calls her Crystal. She's...close to Tari.

Theo: Oh, are you two roommates?

Meggy:........In a manner of speaking.

The mention of Tari suddenly made her look in caution at Tari in the front seat.

Meggy: Wait, shouldn't Tari be out of the game by now?

Lamar: Yeah, your right. Tari?

She didn't respond. Meggy clutched Crystal tight in fear as Lamar tried to get through.

Lamar: Tari? Tari, wake up! Tari!?

Thankfully, Tari came back to normal a few seconds later. Lamar and Meggy sighed in relief.

Lamar: Oh, don't scare us like that girl! What took you so long!?

Tari: I just...had to take care of something first. (Looks at Arm) Is Theo here?

Theo jumped out, scaring her.

Theo: Yep! In the flesh! (Glitches) Or...whatever I'm made of.

Tari: Yeah. Theo, I...assume you've Met Crystal and Meggy?

Theo: Yeah, these two seem nice! Though I think the orange one is a bit suspicious...

Meggy: I'll let that one slide because this is a dream come true for me.

Lamar: Yeah, it's good to have you back little man.

Theo: Good to be back, I missed all my friends on the outside. (Turns to Body pillow and bows) Milady.

Tari: Alright guys, let's hold off on the reunion party until after we rescue our friends. Lamar, you ready for phase 2?

Lamar: Not really, but...not like a have much of a choice.

Meggy: Just a reminder for...Theo. What Is phase 2?

Lamar: Something you might have to strap in for.

Meggy nodded and put on her seatbelt. Lamar moved closer to a moving TASCORP vehicle, a cow catcher spawning on the front of his car.

He drove down an alternate path, driving faster as he turned the corner.

Meggy suddenly realised what was happening as she saw the holding van come into sight: They were about to ram the truck.