Warmers

Leicester Square is turned out, security is off the charts. Paparazzi have completely flooded the entire place. Promotional posters of The Gray Man cover ever surface of the square as swarms of screaming fans push up against barriers trying to catch a glimpse of the cast.

Somehow Jo had managed to wangle her and Rae into the inner circle, the red carpet just meters away.

Still, Rae didn't see the appeal. She didn't have the same excitement that Jo had. Jo, was practically vibrating with adrenaline.
"How long are we goin' to stand here exactly?" Rae's grumble goes unheard by Jo as she leans over the railing hopefully.

Rae looks around at the hoards of nerds surrounding her, holding up posters and signs. She can't help but get lost, disassociating for a second as her eyes wander the vast jittery crowds. Suddenly the loud collective chatter erupts into a roar of simpish screams.  Rae's entire body is pushed against the metal frame in front, her hand automatically reaching out to grab Jo, the only familiar thing.

"He's here!!!" Jo screams, jumping up and down like chimpanzee.

Rae rolls her eyes at her twenty eight year old child friend, absolutely mortified with her behaviour.

"We're so lucky, Rae!" Turning her body to quickly glance at her unenthusiastic friend, "we're right at the beginning, so after he talks to press he should come here and take selfies and sign our stuff." Her voice giddy with excitement.

"Your stuff, I might get him to sign my tits." Rae jokes, but all it did was earn a scornful look from Jo and other fans who were in ear shot.

It must have been an hour maybe two, the squealing had calmed down ever so slightly but it was still overwhelming.  Rae rested her back against the barrier, she looked into the vast crowd as they bounced up and down, they were probably so jealous of her and Jo right now. There were a hundred girls who deserved to be here more than Rae. Easily.

"I get that you want a selfie and get your shit signed..." Rae began.

Jo shook her head, "don't call it 'shit' Rae."

Rae shrugged, "I'm sorry, but wouldn't you rather just like...I don't know..."

"Shut up, Rae." Jo tugs at Rae's sleeve.

Brushing her off she continues, "but its all so pathetic..."

"Rae...shut up." The tugging continues only this time it feels like Jo is trying to turn her around.

"Wouldn't you want to have like a meaningful conversation, maybe get the chance to make an impact in their lives instead of a stupid picture where you look like an absolute warmer."  Glancing sideways to see what Jo wants, Rae's eyes fall on her pasty face, almost the shade of concrete. Her eyes brimming with tears.

And before Rae can ask whats wrong, an American voice comes from behind her.

"Whats a warmer?"

Rae turns slowly to face a tall, dark, bearded man; who can only be described as panty droppingly gorgeous. Flashing the most beautiful smile she had ever seen.

Fuck.

But Rae has an unwavering ability to be unfazed by anything, at least on the surface. The inner turmoil was something else entirely.

"I'm sorry?" She asks, trying to be polite but now consciously embarrassed of her west of Scotland slang accent.

"A warmer, what is that?" He smirks.

Rae shrugs glancing down at Jo, who has went from grey to green.  Rae leans cooly against the barrier, "a weirdo, a simpleton." She glances at the snottering nameless fan on her right, "a warmer."

"Ahh, so no selfie then?" He chuckles, adjusting his shades.

Rae twists her mouth to the side, "no thanks, we're waiting on the guy with the moustache."  She nods her head dismissively, patting Jo's shoulder.

She felt Jo go rigid at her touch, "Rae.." she hisses through a fake laugh, "I'm sorry...she...uhm...she doesn't know who you are, Ccchris Evvvans..."

Rae's head snaps down at Jo, who was now blushing uncontrollably.

Aw Shite.

"Where's the moustache?" The words were out before she could think about them.

Chris turns away for a second, "just a minute please." He whispers to an assistant tapping his arm.

"We filmed this a while back, I'm not required to keep it." He laughs heartily, running his hand down his mouth and over his chin.

"Oh, I see..." Rae didn't know what else to say so she looked down at her feet for a second hoping that he would move on, but when she looked up his gaze lingered.

"Alright, what do you prefer moustache or no moustache? Be honest, be honest..." a wide smile shows off his perfect teeth.

Rae looks around, pressing her hand against her chest, "Me? You really want my opinion?" She asks.

"Yeah." Chris beams, waiting for her answer.

Rae hadn't given it much thought, but eyes were on her to make a decision. But it was impossible, being put on the spot like this.
"I don't know you well enough to decide." She shrugs. She had played it in her head to come across nonchalant, but when the words left her mouth...it was flirting, "what do you prefer?" Definitely flirting.

Jo couldn't believe what she was seeing, hearing and feeling. Rae wasn't only talking to the Chris Evans, she was bloody fucking flirting with him. And he...he hasn't called for security yet.

Chris nods his head charmingly, "I started to really like the moustache, I did."

Rae's mouth twists into a coy smile, "that's nice." She stares at Chris's lips for an awkwardly long moment. He just stands smirking at her. Why?

Jo clears her throat as Chris's assistant tugs on his arm ushering him to move along.

Rae grabs Jo's arm and pulls her forward, "before you go, will you sign my friends doll?"

Chris glances down at Jo and her cardboard box, "sure." He uncaps a sharpie pen and scrawls his autograph across the top.

"Whats your name?" He asks.

"Jo, she's a huge geek...I mean fan." Rae rambles.

He laughs aggressively, throwing his head back a little.

"And yours?" He scribbles on another fans notepad, flashing them a quick smile before fixing his gaze back on her pouty mouth.

"Rae."

He begins to move on, reaching out to shake Rae's hand, "it was nice to meet you both." Discretely slipping a piece of paper into her palm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Well...?
I love Rae, but sadly I think I'm a Jo in this scenario.
Was Chris flirting?

Be 'awnest...what do we think so far?

As always leave a ⭐️ and some feedback.

Love you