This Is Not How I Saw Our 48 Hours Going

There was a gnawing ache in Rae's belly, at first it had worked its way into her dream.  She had been dreaming about giving a speech at Jo's wedding, and despite being the confident one out of the two, her nerves had roasted her with hot and cold sweats.

Her eyes shot open, her legs twisted with Chris' she was highly aware of the moisture building behind her knees.  Rae did not feel good at all.  She was too warm.  Shoving off the duvet she gasped for air, but that only made her feel worse.

           Oh no.

Clambering off the bed disorientated she almost lost her footing as she shot towards the bathroom.

Her entire stomach turned itself inside out, barely making it to the toilet bowl she retched and heaved.  The sound of her projectile vomit screeching echoed around the tiled room.  She had never felt so terrible in her life.  After expelling the contents of her stomach down into the porcelain abyss, Rae lies herself on the cool floor, too exhausted to crawl back into the bedroom.

Chris stands on the other side of the bathroom door, "Rae..."

"Go away, I can't let you see me like this.  Its disgusting in here." She cries weakly, barely able to raise her head from the floor.

"Just let me in." Chris shuffles, trying the door handle impatiently.

Rae groans rolling over onto her front, every small movement requiring maximum effort, "Chris, seriously go away."

"Rachel, I'm not trying to be cute here. I really fucking need to get in there." He snaps.

Slithering along the floor Rae reaches up to unlock the door, sensing the urgency in his voice. Hearing the lock click, Chris bursts through stepping over Rae who is lying sprawled out on the floor. Shivering uncontrollably as she listens to Chris as he leans over the toilet and begins to heave his guts into it.

"Oh god." Rae groans covering her ears at the sound of his tyrannic spewing, "It's all your fault...you said the chicken would be okay, you said you eat cold stuff all the time and now look at us."

Chris runs the tap, splashing some cold water on his face. Suddenly stopping dead in his tracks "Rae, get out."

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm not done vomiting and I'm too tired to move."

Chris turns around slowly clutching his stomach, "Seriously, get out." A loud gurgling reverberates deep in his pit.

Rae does her best to scrawl her way to the bedroom, pulling herself along the tiled floor army style barely making it to the door before the sounds begin.

The sounds that no one should ever have to hear.

"I'm so sorry, Rae. I'm so sorry." Chris pleads.

But she is too sick to care, the top half of her body lies on the plush white carpet of the bedroom and her unclothed bottom half sticking to the tiles as she silently prays for a reprieve.

The coils of vomit begin to twist in her abdomen again.

"This is all your fault!" Chris lets out a pained yelp.

Groaning uncomfortably Rae rolls onto her side, "How? How is it my fault?"

"You were too proud to let me order room service and pay for the food, you had to insist on ordering that weird chicken from that unknown restaurant." He snaps.

The bickering continued between bouts of sickness and diarrhoea.  Unfortunately for both of them neither were able to leave the bathroom long enough  so it made sense that they take small rests on the floor during the short reprieves.

Rae's eyes shot open at the sound of unfamiliar voices in the room.
Chris?!" They shouted. "Chris?!"

Rae shook her leg, kicking the sleeping super star's foot, he was sprawled out across the tiles head being held up by a bale of towels. He must have covered Rae, because there was a white fluffy bath sheet lying across her half naked frame.

She gave him another kick, a little hardest this time.
Groaning as the movement strained her. 

"What?" He mumbled turning on his side a little.

"There are people in your room." She replied weakly.

"Oh god..." Chris pulled himself along the floor to the toilet bowl again, the vomiting starting again, "I thought I was done." Sighing as he reached for toilet paper to wipe his mouth.

A knock came at the bathroom door, it was opened just a little, "Chris, are you okay? You haven't answered my texts."

"Megan is it?" Rae asked peeking her eyes around the door, "We're currently shitting through the eye of a needle in tandem here, is there any chance you could fire us through a couple of bottles of water, a blanket and some mouthwash."

"Oh." Megan gasped.

"Aye, oh is correct. Sorry for being abrupt here, but if whatever it is can wait until he's stopped his exorcism that would be grand."

Chris spat into the toilet a final time, flushed, then dragged himself to the door. Glancing down at Rae's pasty face. He could see the cold sweat building on her brow and knew she had minutes before her next episode of gut expulsions started.

"Megan?" He rubbed his bleary eyes.

She stood wide eyed giving him a worrisome look, "What happened?"

"Chicken pakora, or veg pakora, might have been the mushroom." He leant his exhausted body against the door frame.

"Fuck sake! Stop talking about it!" Rae called, panicked as she scrambled to the toilet.

"Its the NDA, you haven't sent it back and we leave in 8 hours."

Chris glanced back at Rae, she gripped both sides of the toilet, her entire body convulsing.

"Its the least of my worries right now Megs, just cancel my flight and any appointments for the next two days.  I'm staying here until we're better."

Megan pinched the bridge of her nose, "Chris, you know I can't do that. You have to—"

"It's really not my life is it?" He scoffed.

Megan shook her head, "Sorry. But we do need her to sign that." She turned on her heel, readying to leave. She stopped at the mini fridge, took out two bottles of water and dragged the pillows from the bed. "Here." She handed them to Chris.

Rae lay at the foot of the toilet, "Did she say 8 hours?"

Chris slid a pillow under Rae's head, covering her with the towel again. He lay his pillow next to her and tried to find a comfy spot on the hard floor.
"Yeah.  God I thought we had a full day." He released a sombre sigh.

"We did, but then you forced us to eat dodgy pakora." Rae grumbled turning on her side.
Chris slid his arm over her waist gently pulling her closer to him, "Chris?" She whispered.
"Mhmm?"
"Whats an NDA?" She asked.
He exhaled sharply, "A none disclosure agreement.  Its a contract." He hesitated.
"So I don't go running my mouth to the papers?"
"Pretty much."
He felt Rae nod, "I would never do that." She hushed.
"I know."
"I'll sign it before I leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
So not ready for this to be over... 😉
Please leave some feedback.
Personally I think Rae should be protected at all costs.
Imagine getting to spend 48 hours with CHRIS EVANS only to spend a day spewing and shiting.
Oh no.
As always please vote and leave a little feedback 🫶