Three ... Little ... Dots ...

"Jo...wait!" Rae calls after her as she weaves her way through the vast crowds.

Jo couldn't face her, she was jealous. It was easy for her to admit. For ten years she idolised that man, watched every movie and TV show, read every article.  She could tell you everything you needed to know about Chris Evans, and then here comes Rae...swooping in with her unrelenting confidence. And he fell at her feet.  Jo watched meticulously as he interacted with the countless other fans, he didn't spend a fraction of the time with them, that he spent with her.

Managing to catch up with Jo and her short legs Rae reached out and grabbed her wrist, "wait! Jo, what's wrong?!" She cried.

"Nothing! I'm ready for home, aren't you?" Her forced smile hung crooked.

Rae nodded, she had an inkling as to what was wrong. She might not have gone to the fancy university, but she wasn't stupid. And now she felt terrible.

They sat in silence across from one another on the
tube. Rae opened her mouth to speak an infinite amount of times, but couldn't quite form the words. Or pick them for that matter.

She stuffed her hand into her pocket her fingers brushing the piece of paper Chris had slipped into her hand.  Her eyes stretched wide as she held it out on her lap.  Was whatever is on this piece of paper more important than her friendship with Jo?

Jo's head flicked up, finally breaking her stare with the doll-in-a-box, "whats that?"

Rae's stomach turned, "just a piece of paper."

"He gave that to you, didn't he? I knew he gave you something when he held onto your hand." She moved across the carriage and sat next to Rae, "what does it say?"

Rae shook her head, "I don't know, I haven't opened it." Mumbling as she fiddled with folds.

"Open it then." Jo snapped.

Rae dipped her head shamefully, she inhaled a breath so deeply she thought her lungs might burst.
She began unfolding the paper, the little rattle in her hand a dead giveaway to her fear. 

Thank you for being honest.
678-136-7092
Chris.

Rae finally let the breath go she had been holding, a sigh of relief. "It's just lottery numbers." Smiling half heartedly as she showed the note to Jo.

"Those are not lottery numbers, thats his phone number." She gawked.

Rae's eyes snapped down again to the note. His phone number. His phone number.

"Jo?" Her voice quivered, "what should I do?" Her big green eyes searched Jo's face for, something. Was it answers or permission...or a bit of both?

"I-I-I mean text it... you have to text it, right?"

Jo was just as curious as Rae, she had to text it. For all the screaming girls all over the world. Rae owed it to them, she owed it to Jo.

Pulling out her cell phone, Rae began typing...and deleting...and typing and deleting.

"What do I say?" She muttered.

"Christ, I don't know. It might be a fake number." Jo shrugged.

Jo was right, it very well could be. But why would he give her a fake number? Especially when she didn't ask for it.