Chapter 6

3rd POV.

Since the first week is about to be over, Shiro decided to finally look for a club.

He considered joining the music club with Venti, Kazuha, and Xinyan, but he eventually backed out.

Now, he's weighing his current options and exploring the school hallway, along with Miko to help him.

Miko: Hey, Shiro, you're good at kenjutsu, right?

Shiro: Pass.

Miko: Eh, but.....

Shiro: I don't want to.

Miko: But back then in middle school, you're.....

Shiro: Please, Miko. I want to start anew.

Shiro: I, just want to start a new life, okay?

Miko: If that's what you say.

During his middle school years, out of frustration about not being able to protect his parents, all because Shiro blamed himself for being weak, he wanted to join the kendo club.

In fact, back when he was six years old, his father taught him kenjutsu, and his father was surprised because he possess raw talent, but the desire the improve is still there. So, Minamoto Asahi, taught Shiro the Minamoto swordsmanship.

Their family's kenjutsu is usually centered upon oneself, and their opponent. Instead of predicting their opponent's movements, they will just have to land the first strike and overwhelm the opponent in that one first strike.

That is the reason that during Shiro's middle school years, he was feared because the first few seconds of round, Shiro would've already scored five points in quick succession to overwhelm his opponent.

On top of that, with his neutral expression, which was mistaken to be cold, that added him to become feared among the kendo practitioners, even adults.

Thus he was nicknamed, "The Modern Sword Saint of Teiko." Teiko Middle School is where Shiro and Miko came from. So because of Shiro, Teiko became popular around the country, all because of Shiro's clean record of victories.

However, during 3rd year middle school, in the Nationals of the Kendo Tournament, during the Finals, he decided to forfeit all because he's tired of everything.

Ever since then, Shiro quit kendo, all because he had a very particular reason. First, he's tired. Second, he felt like kendo is not for him. Third, he still feel that he's still weak and not worthy. Fourth, it is because his parents wouldn't even witness how far he's grown in kendo. 

Shiro: You do know the reasons why I stopped kendo.

Miko: ........

Miko: Did you know, a lot of people from our who are planning to join the kendo, they heard all about you.

Shiro: Please, stop. I don't want to hear it.

Miko: Even Ei, who is also a member of the kendo club back in middle school, she also wondered why you disappeared in the kendo world so suddenly.