CHAPTER 1

Through the black shades I had on, I watched my mother weep as the casket of my brother was being slowly lowered into the ground.

I never knew this day would come, this day where I would be watching my brother get buried 6 feet under the ground. When we still had him, we were always close and shared everything with each other — well, that was before my girlfriend cheated on me with him.

What a fucked up thing to do, right?

It happened years back, but my memory and thick head still remembers it like it was yesterday. I walked into my brother's room and found my girlfriend fully naked riding on top of him. She was moaning his name unaware I had just walked in- I wish I could burn that memory in the pits of hell. Everything ended with me cussing her out and breaking up with her.

"Lauren!" My mother's cry pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up and noticed the area was already clearing up, people were begining to leave. I was left alone with my mother. "I'm glad you were able to come... Are you staying for the night?" She asked and her hopeful red puffy eyes made me soft.

"Yeah, I'll stay for the month. Is that okay?"

I was immediately pulled into a hug. "That's more than okay, Mija!" She mumbled into my chest before pulling away. "Let's go because I still have to prepare dinner before dark out."

"You go ahead.... I still want to give a quick goodbye to Chris."

My mother sent me a sad smile before nodding.

It was obvious she had missed me as much as I missed her. We haven't seen each other for 3 years, not after I left the day I caught my girlfriend having sex with my brother. I really wish the happening never affected me the way it did. I lost 3 years of bonding with my family and now, Chris was gone for good.

As I was finally alone, I approached Chris’ grave and sat next it. "I fucking hate you..." I breathed out before letting out a bitterly chuckle. "I wish I had the heart to forgive your disgusting ass, but I honestly don't. Everything still hurts, Chris. I'm a wreak... You had part in why I'm like this, yet you're the one who gets to rest in peace. I fucking hate you...." I kissed my fingers before placing it on his grave. "Goodbye, asshole."

I got up and headed back to the house I once called home. It felt weird letting myself in — it felt as if I were an intruder just because I didn't knock. It's been awhile since I've been here, but everything was still the same, the people living in it just gotten a little older.

"Lauren!" I was immediately tackled into a tight hug by my sister. She still had red and puffy eyes as she looked up at me. "I can't believe you're back!" She sniffled into my chest before pulling away. "Are you staying?"

"Yeah, I'll be staying for a month and I'll probably be moving in somewhere more closer to here."

I watched her eyes light up with hope. "Really?"

I nodded, but was internally regretting my words.

"Dinner is ready!"

"You go ahead... I still need to wash my hands." I tell Taylor before making my way to the bathroom. Why did I say that? Moving in somewhere more closer to here? Fuck, that wasn't part of the plan! I let out a heavy sigh.

I removed the black shades to reveal my tired eyes in the mirror. I haven't gotten any sleep since I arrived last night. I mean, how could I sleep? My brother just passed and I was forced to come back to a place which only brought back the demons of my past.

I sighed heavily once again.

I turned the faucet on and splashed some water onto my face. I needed to suck it up and forget what happened the last time I was here. I leaned over and dried my face with a towel before rushing off to join everyone for dinner.

I walked into the dinning room and instantly wished for the ground to swallow me up. I froze in my steps. She was here.... Someone kill me. I knew I would eventually have to see my ex-girlfriend, but I didn't know it would be here, in my parents house, and during fucking dinner!

The brunette was sat next to my Uncle, her brown locks and pink plump lips were suddenly bringing back a terrible memory which included of her cheating. I felt the sudden urge to punch someone a million times.

Suddenly, she looked up and met my eyes causing her to freeze in her seat.

I was fuming. I turned to my mother and to my father. "Why the fuck is she here?" I immediately asked with my hands balling up.

"Camila has been living with us ever since you left, honey." My father explained.

I raised my eyebrows in shock. "You've got to be fucking kidding me?" I asked and looked at my parents with disbelief. They both stayed silent and the brunette who caused me to leave this family instantly put her head down, ashamed.

"Why the fuck is she here!" I repeated. My hand grabbed my plate and threw it across the room causing its broken pieces to fly everywhere. They all gasped in their seats. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!" I screamed at them. "You're letting someone like her live here? She's a slut! A fucking whore! Have you people lost your mind? She slept with my brother while she was in a relationship with me!"

My Uncle suddenly stood up, pushing his chair back as he did. "You have no right to act this way! Camila is our family! You will not speak of her like that!!" He fought.

I raised my eyebrows at him in disbelief. "Oh, wow! You're defending her? Is it because she secretly fucks you behind these thin walls?!"

"Lauren!" My father warned. "We understand why you're mad-"

"Good!" I spat. "Then you understand that she's a cunt and isn't apart of this damn family! She's a piece of shit and should be thrown out-"

"Mommy?" A high pitched voice interrupted my next words. "I.. I can't sleep... Wha-What is going on?" A little girl ran into my ex-girlfriend's arms causing the woman to look up, revealing her teary eyes in the process.

What. The. Fuck.

Camila has a child?