CHAPTER 7

I woke up irritated by the sun shining from my window. My head throbbed in pain as my eyes also burned with tiredness. I wanted to fall back asleep, but doing so was impossible with the hangover I was currently feeling. "Fucking hell!" I hissed in annoyance; my voice raspier than usual due to hydration.

I needed a proper drink. I turned to my side and was met with a plastic bag and a note. What the hell is this?

Good morning, sleepyhead!

How are you feeling? I know that's a terrible question since you probably feel terrible, but I didn't know how else to start this letter off. Anyways, I'm not an expert in hangovers, but the pharmacy lady told me these things were best for them. So I hope she's right and you'll feel better. There's breakfast in the kitchen waiting for you <3

Love, Camila.

I put the note down and immediately digged into the plastic bag; Gatorade, Advil, and Fancy CBD gumdrops. She didn't have to, but she did. I felt a smile creep up onto my lips — She could've left me to be, but she didn't. She cared.... or did she?

I immediately pushed my thoughts away. I took a pill of Advil and drank a whole lot of Gatorade. I left the CBD gumdrops for later on.

I got out of bed and went downstairs. As I descended from the stairs, I'm being bumped by the shoulder by Dinah. WHY IS SHE ALWAYS HERE? She sneered at me and walked off. I seriously hate her...  I made my way to the kitchen and was immediately greeted by Camila. "Morning." She smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like shit, but I'm starting to feel a little better because of you." I sat down and my eyes immediately widened at how wrong the sounded. "NO!" I immediately exclaimed. "I-I mean because of what you- uh, bought. I'm feeling better because of what you bought." I corrected like a fool and moved my sight to the floor. "Thank you, by the way." I added with a smile.

Suddenly, a plate of bacon and egg is placed in front of me.  I mumbled a thank you to Camila. I didn't look over at her, but out of the corner of my eye, I watched her take the seat next to me. "Are you not going to eat?" The brunette gestured to the food she had prepared for me.

I chuckled lightly and took a bite for my bacon. I ate in silence with the younger woman next to me.  She just sat there in comfortable silence, accompanying me, and for some reason, it felt nice. 

As I finished the bacon, I moved to the egg: to my surprise it was tasteless and so I look over at the brunette next to me. She smiled. I reciprocated like the egg in my mouth is delicious.

"Do you usually cook for everyone else?" I found myself asking as I took another bite out of my egg. 

"I actually never cooked in this kitchen, not until today."

Well, that explains the tasteless egg. I'm not complaining — I'm actually thankful. She probably didn't know what she was doing while cooking this, but she still cooked for me. And again, she didn't have to, but she did. Maybe she did care?

I looked over at the brunette next to me; "Why'd you tell Dinah I've hurt you?" The words came out like vomit, I couldn't hold it in. It was just bothering me.

Camila shuffled in her seat. "I- You did hurt me... when you left without saying anything or letting me explain." She said.

"I left because you gave me a reason to... And I didn't need an explanation. I saw what I saw and that was it."

She sighed deeply. "An explanation is still an explanation though.... wait a second...." She hopped off the stool. "I need to show you something important."