CHAPTER 5

She ruined me and I was ready to get even — there was no turning back now. I hit sent.

My eyes glued to my phone in my hand, and the other fiddling with my ring as I waited for Camila's reply to my just sent text:

Lauren: I've been thinking that we should just put everything behind us and start over? Because I'm done running... I'm done with the pain... I want to start fresh with you.... I'm at the front door, come tell me you want this too.

Suddenly, the front door swung open and instead of Camila, I came face to face with a tall, blonde woman. I didn't know who she was, or why she was just coming out of my parents house, but it was soon obvious she disliked me; she was eyeing me as if I were a bad omen.

I furrowed my eyebrows, in question of her stare. "Uhh, can I help you?" I asked as I tucked my phone away. She didn't respond; only pushed pass me and walked off.

What on earth is her problem?  I immediately entered the house in question.

"Who was that?" I asked Taylor, who was sat on the couch, watching television. She didn't look up, but she answered; "Dinah Jane Hansen."

I made a face causing my nose to wrinkle. "Dinah Jane Hansen?" I repeated. "What did she want?"

"She was just visiting. She used to be Elanur's babysitter back in the day, but now she's a close friend."

"Elanur?"

"Camila's daughter, you idiot..." She mumbled.

"Oh."

"Well, Dinah's a bitch." I added.

Camila descended from the stairs, taking my attention away from my sister, she pulled me along with her, bringing us both out the door, with a huge smile plastered on her lips, she nodded eagerly at me. "Yes!"

"Yes?" I questioned. "Yes, what?"

"Yes, I would love to start over with you!" 

A smile crept onto my lips as I pulled her into a hug.

Goodbye grudges, hello to getting even.

-

According to Austin, these were easy steps in getting rid of my confused emotions I had. I had a feeling not to go on with his advice, but how could I not? He made sense — It was risky, but worth the risk, which is why I was currently sitting across from Camila in a 5 star restaurant.

"This place is nice...." She shifted in her seat as her eyes fixated on the surroundings. "Are you sure this isn't too expensive?" She brought her eyes back to me in question.

"It's fine." I waved her off. "I wanted tonight to be nice."

She nodded.

The place was packed with rich people, yet the place was quiet, as only soft background music could be heard. I knew this place was fancy and although Camila didn't deserve this, I needed to be extra to go along with my plans.

My eyes left the expensive paintings on the wall and met the pair of brown eyes. She smiled. I smiled. We got into conversation; like two strangers getting to know each other.

She told me about her 3 year old daughter, how the little one was her angel. She talked on about the 3 year old and I listened. I found myself comparing the two together, they weren't that very different at all —  and I found that amusing; The little one even looked exactly alike the woman across from me.

"This is nice." I gestured towards us. "I like this."

"Yeah?"  She smiled.

"Yeah."