CHAPTER 13

Early in the morning and the smell of bacon had me rushing out of bed. I found everyone already in the kitchen- Austin still missing since last night; not like I cared though. My eyes went from my daughter to the couple holding hands in the corner.

"Mommy, what happened to your head?"

Fuck- I forgot to remove the bandage.

I immediately scooped her up and held her in my arms. "It's nothing, baby. Mommy just had a small accident. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" She looked at me worriedly.

I nodded and pecked her head before letting her down.

"Come sit and eat, Mija." Clara placed a plate for me on the counter top. "It's bacon and eggs." She smiled.

"Mommy!" My daughter grabbed my attention again. "Can we take a bath after breakfast? And- and can Lauren join us again because-"

"What does she mean by again!" Lucy snapped, her hand flying out of Lauren's as she did.

"It's not what you think-" Lauren tried.

"Then what was it? You just got into the shower with your ex without knowing she was there?"

I nodded mindlessly. "That is actually what happened."

"Shut up!" She spat at me. "We all know you're still after Lauren! You're fucking disgusting trying to break a relationship up-"

"Lucy, stop! There's a child in here!" Lauren tried to pull her out of the kitchen, but failed.

"Don't you dare- Do you actually still feel something for her?"

"I- I-" Lauren met my eyes before letting them drop to the floor. "I don't... I don't know..."

"So you do?" Lucy pressed.

"Lucy!" Mike grabbed her. "Stop!"

I pulled my child into my arms. "I think it's time for us to leave. Thank you for everything- I'm sorry-" I exit the kitchen with Elanur in my arms and head for the main door.

"Camila! I-"

I turn around to see Lauren. I waited for her to say something, but she didn't. She just stood there.

"Lauren!" Lucy came. "Don't you fucking dare!"

Silence.

I hoped for something, but nothing came, so Elanur and I left.

We grabbed a cab and instead of going to Austin's apartment, we went straight to Dinah's. She's the only person I truly trusted with everything since I've told her everything that happened that caused Lauren and I to break up. I needed to talk to her.

"Did I say something wrong earlier, mommy?" My daughter asked as I rang the doorbell to Dinah's apartment.

I shook my head, immediately kneeling down. "You did nothing wrong, baby. Lucy was just having a bad day.... It's nothing to worry about, okay? I love you." I kissed her head.

"Okay." She smiles. "I love you too, mommy."

The door swung open. "How about me? Do you love me?" Dinah smiled as my daughter quickly flung her arms around the taller woman's leg.

"I love you too, Aunt Dinah!"

"I love myself too, kiddo."

I smack Dinah's arm.

She chuckles and ruffles my daughter's hair in a playful manner. "I love you too, Elanur. Now, what did I do to deserve a special visit from my two favorite people?" Dinah led us inside.

As Elanur went to go play with the toys she has in Dinah's room, I was left telling Dinah everything that has happened.

"How is that fucking possible?" She gasped.

"What?"

"You were both naked in the damn shower and neither of you pounced one another? Damn! Talk about control!"

I rolled my eyes at her words. "Can you be serious for once?"

"Fine..." She repositioned herself. "I think Lauren is a fucking idiot!" She admits and I slap her arm once more.

"Dinah!"

"It's true!" She exclaimed. "Seriously! This all could've been avoided if she'd just listen to you! Am I not right?"

I sighed, my hands running through my hair as I did. "She's mad! If I were her, I'd be avoiding me too... it's hard to listen to someone who broke your trust."

"You didn't break her trust though!"

"She doesn't know that! She thinks I willingly slept with Chris."

Dinah nodded. "Okay, I did not think about that... but still! Did she have to come back with a girlfriend? Like why is she even with that chick if she's clearly still confused on Karla."

"Dinah!" I smacked her arm again. "Don't call me that!"

"Stop smacking me!" She smacked me back. "I'm just saying the truth! I mean- if she knew she couldn't stop thinking about your Cuban ass then why did she get into a damn relationship with your look alike?"

"I didn't say we looked alike! I said we had similarities."

Dinah waved me off. "Same fucking thing."

"Okay.... You're obviously the only idiot here." I pointed out. "She jumped into a relationship because she obviously thought it'd help her move forward with her life....but it didn't."

Dinah's fumbles with her hair in annoyance. "This is so stupid! Why is she like this? Literally, she's the only one making everything so complicated. She could've listened to you, fix things then bam! Camren ship sails again. But no, her dumb ass keeps avoiding you like you're some disease."

"You can't blame her... I ruined her life- well technically, Austin, Zayn, and Chris ruined it all."

"Isn't Chris dead?"

I smacked her arm again.

"Karma's a bitch." Dinah shrugged. "I have a very important question though... Why didn't you file a case?"

"I did..." I tell her. "No one just knew because the case never happened.... my lawyer said there wasn't enough proof to even start a case so I dropped it."

"Camila..." She pouts and suddenly, I'm being pulled into a tight hug. "I seriously can't imagine what you went through. Thinking about it makes me want to cry-"

"Remembering it makes me cry, so please stop."

She pulls away and forces a smile. "You should stay the night. I hate that you stay with Austin- It's like- how can you even fall asleep at night under the same roof as him?"

"I don't- I stay up until my eyes give up."

"You're definitely staying here tonight."

Buzz....Buzz....Buzz....

Taylor: We're planning on taking a break from everything- You should come with- we're going for a weekend trip at the lake house....

"It's Taylor. They're going to the lake house... she said I should go with them...."

"Ask her if I can come too!" Dinah said before getting up to go to the kitchen. "Also, you should definitely go with or without me because Camren needs to talk asap!" She yells from the kitchen.

Camila: Dinah's asking if she can come too?

Taylor: I was literally just about to text her... I miss having her around the house...

Camila: Okay, count us in!

"We're going!" I yell out for the younger woman to hear.

"Good." She comes back with two glasses of wine.