CHAPTER 12

A weird sound caused me to stir awake in bed. Who the hell- I blinked my eyes open and looked at the small clock on the side table, it was 2 in the morning. I peaked over at my daughter and thankfully she was in deep sleep. I didn't know where the noise was came from, but it vanished as soon as I heard it — it got me thinking that I heard it in my dream.

It was probably nothing. I shifted into a more comfortable sleeping position and shut my eyes.

Seconds later, there it was again —  someone was mumbling.

I slowly pushed myself out of bed. Not wanting to wake Elanur up, I tippy toed my way out the room to avoid any loud movements. I shut the door behind me and found no one in the halls. I furrowed my eyebrows in question. What the-

Suddenly, I heard it again. But this time it was a bit more louder than earlier. I didn't quite spot where it was coming from, so I walked over to the stairs, hearing if it came from downstairs. I was met with silence.

Was I losing my mind?

I looked behind me then back down the stairs.

"What the hell...." I said underneath my breath. Is my mind playing games with me? I waited a few seconds and nothing came. I decided to check downstairs. Before I took a step, there it was again, but this time is more clear.... someone was moaning from one of the rooms. I held my breath and shut my eyes — in hopes it wasn't who I thought it was.

Then there it was; the confirmation. "Laurennn... Fuc-" She moaned loud enough for me to hear.

A feeling of a thousand bolts shocked my entire body and I couldn't move- My heart was being squished as I heard them breathless and panting. I kept my eyes screwed shut as the pain in my chest got worse. I wanted to scream- I felt like I was drowning all over again. I needed to get out of here-

Suddenly, I lose my balance and everything went spinning. I shrieked loudly at the sudden impact of each stair to my body. Everything was turning until it wasn't, and I found myself at the bottom of the stairs. My body parts bruised in pain. "Fuck!" I hissed at myself as I held my head which buzzed with ache.

The sound of doors opened.

"Camila!" I heard Taylor gasp. "What happened?"

I looked up the stairs and there she stood, along with Mike and Clara. The 3 of them looked at me worriedly. Seconds later, they were joined by Lauren and Lucy- their swollen lips and still uneven breathing was another confirmation I didn't want.

I teared my eyes away from them and looked down at my hands. I gulped down hard, but a rock started forming in my throat and began to grow wider by every second. I don't think I can take this- I grunted as my head burned.

They rushed down to help me.

"How did you fall?" Mike asked as he pulled me into his arms and carried me to one of the chairs. "Taylor go get the aid kit."

"I'm- I- I'm sorry-" I chocked out as the first tear finally escaped my eye. I can't do this- "I wa...was jus-"

"Shhhh..." Mike rubbed my shoulder, silently telling me it was okay. "Honey, can you go check on Elanur? I don't want her to wake up to this."

Clara nodded and disappeared from our sight.

"Shi-" Mike breathed out as he checked my head. "You're head's badly injured. Does it hurt?"

"E-Everything hurts." I stuttered out as I avoided the stares I was getting from the couple.

"Lucy can you go wake Austin up?"