Prologue

Akira ran down the street chasing after Obito. "Obi, wait for me!" She called.

"I'm sorry Akira, I can't! I'm late!"

"Obiiiiiiii!" The five-year-old redhead wailed. Obito had promised her that he would play with her today. She had caught him as he was walking past her house, and had taken off after him.

Obito puffed as he put on a burst of speed. He ran around the corner ahead of Akira. She growled in her throat. "Obi, come on." She muttered.

Akira wasn't fazed, however. She continued on her way, determined to catch him. She rounded the corner, then used chakra to propel herself from the ground. She leaped into the air, landing on a building and running along the roof. She jumped from roof to roof, keeping an eye on Obito as she went. He rounded another corner and headed into the trees at the edge of the village. He was heading towards training ground three.

Akira jumped off of the building and hit the ground hard. She rolled once to keep her momentum and kept going. She jumped to the tree limb above her and landed in a crouch before sending herself flying with her chakra to the next one. She ran branch to branch behind Obito. It wasn't long before the clearing of the training ground was in view.

Obito burst through the trees and ran up to his team. Kakashi stood with his arms crossed, glaring at Obito. Rin waved enthusiastically with a big smile on her face. Minato smiled kindly.

"Glad you made it Obito," Minato said. "Let's get started with today's training."

Akira leaped out of the trees. "Obi!" She yelled.

Obito turned to look, his eyes wide.

"Akira? What–"

Akira was suddenly swept out of the air, caught by Minato. Minato landed on the ground with his niece in his arms. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, and he held her on his hip.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Akira." He said. He poked her side with his finger, making her giggle. She loved her Uncle Minato. "What brings you here today?"

Akira pointed an angry finger at Obito. "Obi promised me he would play with me today." She was frowning, her eyebrows furrowed. Rin giggled.

"Oh man, Akira..." Obito hung his head. Kakashi closed his eyes and shook his head slightly.

"Is that so, huh?" Minato turned to look at Obito. He looked back at Akira. "Does your mom know where you're at, Akira?"

Akira vigorously nodded her head. "I told her I was going to play with Obito."

"Akira!" Obito shouted. He waved his arms around wildly. "I could've been going on a mission or something, you could have followed me into danger! You know how crazy life is, you could have gotten hurt! There's a war going on!"

"It's alright, Obito, she's fine," Rin said, placing a hand on Obito's shoulder.

Minato chuckled at his students. "Alright, Akira." She turned her head to look at him. "How about you train with us today?"

"Sensei, why do we have to babysit? I thought we were going to train. We can't train with a five-year-old! Unless this counts as a mission I don't want any part of it." Kakashi protested.

"I want to train too," Akira said sharply. She glared at Kakashi. Out of all of Uncle Minato's students, Kakashi was her least favorite. He was always annoyed with her. He glared right back.

"We can all train together," Minato said. He set Akira down on her feet. Akira ran to Obito and hugged his leg. He placed a hand on her back and smiled. "We will start with some physical workouts, and then we will work on mental precision with a chakra control exercise. Sound good?"