-22-

After setting the date, it felt like forever until the day of the wedding arrived, and yet it seemed to arrive faster than anyone was expecting at the same time. Funny how those things happened, how they worked out. 

They chose to have a more traditional Jewish wedding over an armed forces one, but Tom still wore his uniform of course. Slider - Ron, Sarah still had trouble thinking of him as Ron - stood with him while Karen helped Sarah get ready, along with her parents, and Tom's mother and sisters. 

"Does this  mean you'll still be our Auntie Sarah?" Alex adorably asked.

"It sure does - in fact, I'll officially be Auntie Sarah now," she told him proudly. 

Charlie was attending, as well as Carole and Bradley. As for Pete, he was unfortunately across the world on a mission, so he wouldn't be able to join them, but he was there in spirit. 

They stood beneath the chuppah with the Rabbi, barely registering anything he said for there and then there was only each other and that's all they had eyes for. 

 The ceremony passed by smoothly, even when Tom's youngest niece, ... baby, let out a wail in the middle of the Rabbi's speech, eliciting 'awws' and laughs from everyone, especially the bride and groom.

And then the ceremony was over, and they were married - Mr. and Mrs. Kazansky.  Dr. Sarah Coleman was now Dr. Sarah Kazansky. Commander Tom and Dr. Sarah Kazanky - the original Fire and Ice, what a team.

It was about halfway through dinner when a figure entered the hall - a very familiar figure, in uniform.

Tom and Sarah flew to their feet over to him.

"Pete!"

"Maverick!"

"You're here!"

He grinned his classic Maverick grin.  "Well of course I am, I wouldn't miss this for anything, for the world."

"But you were all the way across the world!" Sarah cried. "Or at least that's what I was told in the no details classified information I received."

His grin grew.  "I'm just that good." He winked.  "And this time not even Ice had to pull any strings."

Tom was just as surprised.  "It's true."

"I know, happiest day of your lives and I just made it happier! Congrats you two, I'm so happy for you both."

"Thank you, Pete. So glad you're here and that you could make it." Sarah threw her arms around him and then he and Tom exchanged a handshake before a wingman hug. 

"There any food left? I'm starved."

Sarah laughed.  "Yes, come on, we'll fix you a plate."

"Great, because you know the only thing I love more than you two is free food." He put an arm around each of them. 

"Right. Come on, have a seat."

After everyone was introduced to Pete and Pete was introduced to everyone, as the speeches ended, Pete got up to the podium and took up the mic. "Good evening everyone, it's me, Maverick. Ice and Sarah are very special to me, as  they clearly are to all of you as well, and I am so glad we can all get together here tonight to celebrate them, which I would like to do now in my own special way."

"Oh boy," Tom murmured where they were leaning against each other at the table, making her chuckle. 

Pete continued.  "I've never had to do this alone before - my friend would have loved to be here if he could.  But this one's for the happy couple!" He led a round of applause before holding the mic back up to his lips and beginning to sing: