Chapter 3

"I went to the east district store to buy food and sundries."

I'm telling Mintz and Doug the story about how I bought a boy while drinking tea in the living room.
"Oh, while we're talking about this I will making soup that easy to drink. Since the two of you can't to cook, I will borrow the kitchen ok?"
"Sorry to bother you with this, thank you Mintz."

After that, Mintz begins preparing soup.

"I finished buying somethings that I needed in east district, but because there are still some that I need to buy I'm try to searching in the south area ....."

Compared to the eastern district security in the south area is not very good. There are lots of bar, brothel, slave market and other shops. Usually I won’t go to the eastern district , but the magical tool shop that sell something that I need only open in the South District.

"The Mard shop?"

"Yeah, and on the way to the shop there is a slave market open."

"Recently, the security around that place is getting worse and worse. I heard that even the illegal slaves are sold well there."

I don't want to see a slave market. I feel sorry for the slaves but I can't do anything to save them all. So, usually, I won't stop by that place and walk quickly as I can.

"There is a cage in the corner of the slave market where the boy was in. Our eyes meet and it seemed like he will stop breathing at any time. "

I still don't know why I was interested at him that time. Even though there are many slave in same bad condition in that place other than him, and there is not a special thing that I can see from that boy. However, I couldn't take my eyes from him.

"Looking at his condition in the cage, it’s seems that the boys already a useless item for them, so it sells at a low price but it still can’t be sold. And look like they are planning to dispose of him soon."

"I want to punch them right now!!"

"Is it enough to just punching them? If me..."

I hear that somewhat Mintz mumbles something disturbing but I pretend that I don’t hear it. I also wanted to slash and cut them down, but I also understood that it will make me caught by the police if I do such a thing there.

"When he looked up at me and I feel that his eyes it’s an eyes that already giving up everything."

"Well.. If you meet an eyes like that it can’t be helped, you must wanted to help him."

"After I looked at that eye I couldn't distract my eyes from it. I don't know why, but I feel like I have to protect him ... I just.. feel like that...."

I don't know why but I just couldn't abandon him at all. My instinct kept telling me that he was mine.... He was mine to protect.. to care about...

"So that's why you bought him huh?"

"Yeah, I know that it's hypocritical. Because even though I said I want to help him I only bought him from the slave market. That's like I forced him to be mine. But... I can't help myself... I must do it.. I have to..."

"Isn’t that fine? Even if it was like you bought a love, but.. if you don't do it, maybe no one will save him."

"If it's about you who didn't like slave market more than other people. There will be many things to think about.... But well.. if it's because you bought that boy, he is no longer feel any painful experience, isn't that's alright?"

"That’s right. It's good to be release from the status as a slave you know..."

The words from both of them were saved me. Until now, everyone who sells slaves, buyers and those who use it are subjects of disgust – yet, now I was bought him as a slave. Of course I had no intention to treating him as a slave, but I still couldn't forgive myself for buying him as a slave.