Chapter 10

DISPEL

What does this mean, are we dealing with something suspicious! I wonder if it is okay to be in a shop with this atmosphere?

Douglas opens the door first and walks in, followed by Master.

“I’m intruding.”

“Oh, is it isn’t the guild master, it’s unusual for you to visit such a place. Here to buy something?”

In the shop there was a calm old gentleman with glasses.

He had black bat-like wings on his back.

“No, that’s not it.There’s something I want to ask a person who knows a lot about magic tools. I thought you’d be okay.”

“Please leave it to me about the magic tool. Can I ask you for more details?”

“Ah, do you know how to remove the curse that was put on a slavery collar?”

“The magic on the slave collar. Yeah, of course I do.”

“Thank goodness. Can you tell me right now? If you can get rid of it, could you get it off now?”

“Now……is it? Does that mean the one that Gail is holding in his arms now?”

“The reason being, I bought a slave from the city, but it seems like he’s forbidden from saying a word with the tool.”

“I understand. First of all, can I check the type of magic tool and the curses applied?”

The store owner (Is the name Maldo?) came close to me, glanced at the metal collar attached to my neck, and when he muttered something, the collar flashed for a moment and settled down.

“This is, there are a lot of constraints put on this……It is also unusual to be so strict with the magic seal of disobedience prohibition, suicide prohibition, and speech prohibition so far.”

“So, can you remove it?”

“Yes, no problem. Do you have the slave contract?”

“It’s here.”

Master handed something like a piece of parchment to Mr. Maldo.

“I see, it’s a sex slave of the human tribe, that explains why the curse is so strict.”

“Sorry could you pry further?”

“Of course, this business is the first. To get rid of the curse on the slave collar you have smear a few drops of blood onto the magic contract, if you would?”

“Alright.”

When master receives a knife from Mr. Maldo, he slides his thumb over the blade without hesitation.

The blood that overflowed from the wound seeped into the contract.

I felt sorry that he would do such a thing for me, so I lick the damaged thumb of master into my mouth with the blood.

“Don’t worry, this little cut doesn’t hurt.”

“Tch, Gale’s gonna be fine.”

“Then I will remove the curse.”

When Mr. Maldo finished chanting something like a spell toward the contract, it made a pa-tan sound, and the metal ring that was on my throat shattered and disappeared.

“Yes, with this all the curses that were contained in the slavery collar were dissolved.”

Mr. Maldo was smiling towards me.

“Hey kiddo, can you speak?”

Like Douglas said, I try to speak.

“Ye…s, …th…a…nk…you.”