Chapter 11

“Shinra Chikayuki, is a strange sounding name.”

“Yes, Shinra is a family name and Chikayuki is the name so I would like to call it in a way that is easy for Master to call.”

“All right, Chikayuki. Is it okay if I call it Chika?”

Even in Japan, people who call me Doctor Shinra are accustomed to it because I was called Doctor Chika from patients, nurses and doctor colleagues.

“Yes, of course Master.”

“Also, saying Master. As I have said many times, you are no longer a slave, and I am not your master. So you don’t have to be so humble.”

“Then how should I call you……”

“My name, call me Gail.”

“Okay, Mr. Gail.”

“………I’d like you to stop that if you can, can you just call me Gail…….?”

“Oh, I too, I feel like it’s weird to be called Mr. Douglas.”

Mr. Gail seems a bit lonely and Mr. Douglas waves his hand in his usual light-hearted atmosphere.

I was suddenly told that the attachment of honorific is no good by Gail, but it seems unlikely that I’ll be able to call Mr. Douglas and Mr. Gail without it.

It’s difficult to respond to that because I was a human who speaks with honorifics to both younger and older.

“N, no…..dropping the Mr. is……well Mr.Gail, Mr. Douglas can’t I call you that?”

“Well for the time being it’s fine now, you can change it gradually.”

“Well then, Mr. Gale, Mr. Douglas once again thank you.”

“Yeah, best regards.”

The two of them smiled at me.

I feel that something warm is soaking into my empty heart just by looking at it.

“By the way Chika, you have a family name does that you’re a noble?”

I didn’t know how to react to Mr. Douglas’ words.

In this world family name— are nobles the only one’s with a surname?

What should I do……

I have to say something.

“I’m sorry, I don’t remember very well what happened before I became a slave. I just remember my last name is Shinra…..”

“You don’t remember? I heard that it was bad, I thought that because of your polite way of speaking and strangely refined behavior Chika. But you don’t remember huh.”

“Certainly Chika, can I call you Chika too? It feels very elegant doesn’t it.”

“Yes, I’ll also call you Mr. Mintz.”

Perhaps, even though I don’t know my actual age now is it because I look like a child that the way I speak and behave is funny?

“Well, why don’t you register your guild tag first? Then you might learn something? That is, because even things the person themselves don’t realize are also written.”

“That’s right, sorry Mintz could you prepare it?”

“It’s fine, everything is already done.”

Mintz took out a large stone-like tablet from his bag and placed it on the table in front of us.

“Please place your hand on this tablet and let a little magic flow into it, and the registration will end soon.”