February Blues

━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━

━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━

The February air pricked at Aaliyah’s skin as she walked down the familiar street, the wind breezing past her and dancing with her hair on the way. The late afternoon hour was reflected in the rapidly darkening sky and the light from the street lamps keeping her company.

She had her face buried in the thick material of her scarf, hoping to preserve some of the heat that had filled her body after having spent the entire day at the university library. Despite her best efforts she could already feel her nose and the tips of her ears had long since turned numb at the harsh bitter cold of the late winter night.

Her hands were buried deep in the pockets of her coat, cursing herself for forgetting her beanie and gloves before leaving in her haste that early morning. The comforting sound of her casette tape playing smooth sounds of Sade Adu through her earphones did little to none to distract her from the frost bite she was sure was forming on her toes through her favorite pair of black boots, even with two pairs of socks covering her feet.

The textbooks and the laptop in her bag slammed against her as she hurried down the street. Her bag was digging into her shoulder and she wanted nothing more than for her significant other to be available for the evening, in hopes that you could help the woman get rid of some of the tension out of her very sore shoulder. Since discovering that you were somehow really good with your hands, such as giving massages and other things of that nature, she'd turn to you each and every time the girl would come home from working long nights and hours. Liyah had no need for her massage therapist anymore, since you were now her personal at home therapist.

Which was why she was silently hoping you were home from your late night soccer practices. Tonight she desperately needed assistance that only you could provide, her body was in dire need of a warm candle lit bath, with some soft tunes playing in the background. That to her sounded like a fantastic way to end off the night after the rough day she’s had... and of course there were a few other things that she could also think of to finish off the night.

However, she knew she would be greeted by an empty apartment and her dear ole partner would be nowhere to be found, as you were most of the nights she would come home this late at night.

You had texted her earlier in the day and had delivered the unfortunate news that you were caught up with some training and a recovery session that evening. The message had come through while she was buried deep within a textbook, so with a defeated sigh she had to reluctantly toss the idea of spending some quiet personal quality time with her lover in the back burner.

It wasn’t that she had a lot planned, but you two hadn’t had the time to see each other a lot lately, with university starting again after Christmas and you going back to your normal training season and the games starting to roll right back around the corner. But she had hoped that you would have at least managed to sneak back home for a few spare minutes to kill, so that the two of you could have had dinner together while exchanging gifts to one another.