ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ...

═════ ◈ ═════

══════════

𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑, 𝙲𝙰
𝙰𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝟷𝟼, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟷
𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢'𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙱𝚊𝚛

Thursday night was always the worst night for one main reason; college students. The club offered a 3 for $10 on jägerbombs which attracted the masses, unfortunately. 

Aaliyah was only here to make an extra penny as she tried to complete her masters, to become a arts instructor. The drunken students hollering, verbally abusing and flirting definitely did not help with the fact she wanted to quit. The only reason the girl stayed was because she was beyond broke.

So there she were, repeatedly pouring red bull into shots of jäger trying to keep the smile on her face. Liyah didn’t even know why she tried to be nice, they weren’t gonna tip her anyways. This was a night for them to escape the stress of college, exams and socialize with others. Aaliyah wasn't mad, that used to be her until responsibility became a big factor in her life.

Taking the ten dollars from the boy that leaned over the counter, nearly falling over it as he could barely stand, she turned around shoving it into the till before handing him his drinks. The plastic cups were empty within three seconds, the liquor easily being consumed without hesitation, his drunken state making him immune to the taste.

The woman cringed, watching him waddle away to join the crowd on the dance floor. She had no time to breathe as the constant waving of hands grabbed her attention. Begging to be one of the ones next served. “Wassup, what can I get you?” She yelled, leaning over the counter to hear the customer over the blaring music.

“Two long Islands.” He slurred.

Nodding, grabbing two shot glasses and the bottle of the liquorish tasting liquid. Even the smell was intense as she filled the small glasses. If Liyah were drunk, this would’ve been much more appealing. “Five dollars.” She shouted, extending her hand.

He dug through his front pockets, pulling out a crumpled up five dollar bill, slapping it in her hand. She quickly twisted on her heels, putting it into the till before she could misplace it.

With her back turned, she heard the customer catcall her. “Fuck, it’s a shame to be a bartender with a body like that. I am sure I can think of something else you could be doing that would make you a lot more money sweetheart.”

A crackle erupted from his friends and fellow peers following his statement, her body stiff as she clutched the side of the till, the rage that surging through her veins. ‘Just ignore him’. And that’s what she did, moving swiftly onto the next person. 

She would’ve been fine, but the boy found himself standing at the bar for the rest of the night, passing endless suggestive comments her way. When he said something about her being a bitch for not responding, that was the final straw. Aaliyah slammed her fist on the countertop. “Get the hell out, before I get security over here.” She spat.