In your dreams

Taehyung was swimming through the sea, back to his swarm. Their ceremonial annual pilgrim will last for another week, till they swim back to their home. He got to the swarm just in time, before they were about to leave the hidden Busan grottoes, their stay for the day to rest, always swimming during night.

"What took you so long?", his brother Jin scolded him, handing him his sack out, which Taehyung hanged over his shoulder. "Chill, I was just on a little sightseeing tour." Jin glared at him "dad is already mad" he came closer "If this is again about that human prince-", he whispered into his ear, but Taehyung just swam ahead. "Are you coming, grandpa?" Jin swore silently, knowing he would sure have grey hair soon because of his brother. He was only 3 years older than him, but Taehyung always mocked him because of his age. He chased after the blue turquoise fin that stormed through the slowly swimming swarm, making some of them gasp.

His dusty rose fin moving quickly while the seaweed was brushing against his scales gently, trying to reach his father before Taehyung, but to his annoyance he couldn't, stopping right next to Beomgyu, who smiled up at him from the side.

"Where were you, son?" The sea king asked Taehyung who just calmly swam next to him. "Oh I was just observing the pretty stars of the night. Got carried away a bit." The king raised his eyebrow. "I hope you didn't go near the shore. You know how dangerous humans are." "Sure", he smiled, forcing it, to make it look buyable. "I was not far away from the grotto." "That's really strange, I sent Taemin and Hyunjin after you, and they didn't find you anyway near."

Taehyung gulped a bit, but just chuckled. "That proofs how well hidden I was." His father just observed his face before swimming further, not saying another word.

&&&

Jungkook was swaying his sword, his grey hanbok already drenched in sweat, while Jimin easily defended himself. They were practicing swordfight for about an hour already, and Jungkook felt more energized than usually. As practice went on, Jimin started to struggle to keep up with his younger brother.

"Damn, Kook, you're on fire today", he chuckled, as he pressed his sword sidewards against Jungkook's, trying to push him away. Jungkook only smirked, letting himself fall back a bit, before heaving out to another attack, swinging around, poking Jimin's armour, right over his heart.

"You die", he smirked, panting, blowing that little strand over his eye away. Jimin's mouth fell open, before he started to chuckle. "You got really lethal; damn", he pushed the tip of Jungkook's sword away, walking away to sit on the bench.

Jungkook poured them both a bit of water in cups, handing one to his brother. "What got you this focused?" Jungkook smirked. "I thought you would be tired after the party last week, and foremost after you almost drowned, silly" , Jimin shook his head, worry filling his chest. "Can't believe you fell off the ship."

Jungkook didn't say anything, his eyes wandering off to the little lightning that shone through the window of the training room, thinking about a certain blue turquoise fin and a breath-taking kiss. "How did that even happen?" "I don't know, I was sitting on the railing. A big wave came and I lost balance." Jimin hummed. "And then you swam back to the shore?" "Yeah", Jungkook smirked. "I don't know, it doesn't make sense", he stroke through his hair.

"Does it make more sense to you that a merman rescued me? Escorted me to the shore?" Jimin laughed. "Oh, come on", he waved down. "You wish." He took another sip, trying to figure out what happened. "There WAS a big wave on the sea. It made the ship turn a bit to the side, having all guests stumbling around", he remembered. "But in no way would you've been able to swim back from there."

"Let your little brain work on that", Jungkook stood up, smirking, "I go to study a bit after a bath." Jimin glared at him. "My brain isn't little, you prick. Have some respect for your future king." Jungkook only waved while walking to the door. "Hey, Jungkook", Jimin yelled after him "Is it because of Joy?" Jungkook stopped in his track, turning around. "What do you mean?" "I heard you were up in your bedroom with her quite a while", Jimin smirked wide, wiggling his eyebrows. "You wish", Jungkook chuckled. "I just showed her my treasure collection of the merman. Told her that me and her can be nothing more than friends."