In your heart

Taehyung couldn't wait to greet Jungkook the next morning. As soon as he woke up, he made sure his blue hair looked well, bringing them in order, adding a bit of flower scent on it. A tiny part of him was afraid that everything was a dream, that Jungkook wasn't actually snoring off in the other cabin, that he never got a fin, never lost his voice and-

Wait, why did he even lose his voice? Taehyung needs to find it out and heal him. Maybe Hwasa can help him, even if he's cringing, thinking of her. Not because she isn't a beautiful sea witch, but she's shameless and vulgar and Taehyung didn't like that. He's not into females anyway. He's into Jungkook.

Taehyung reached the cabin, breathing stopping as he swam inside, emerging, to see a beautiful sleeping prince, laying on his stomach, one arm hanging loosely down to the water, while the other clung on something. It looked adorable, how he puffed air out against his bangs that hung into his forehead. His purple-blue fin was curled up, reminding him of land animals.

Taehyung watched him a bit, but then decided to wake him up. He stroke gently over his head, loving how his dried dark locks felt under his fingers. "Jungkookie...wake up..." he patted him a few, times, till Jungkook finally stretched himself out, yawning loudly and munching on nothing but air.

His eyes didn't even open yet, but he seemed to try to wake up, rolling accidentally over the edge, splashing into the water. Taehyung laughed. It happened again. He dived down, seeing how Jungkook looked around confused, until he slowly remembered where he was. WHAT he was.

A relieved sigh left his mouth as he saw Taehyung, standing near amused. "Good morning, prince", he smiled. Jungkook bowed to him, gesturing him something, that Taehyung oddly understood. "You mean, I'm a prince too? Well, you are right, I guess" , he smirked. "Let's have some breakfast and then I show you around a bit, okay?"

Jungkook nodded happily. Taehyung supressed a whipped hum, trying to be a gentlemen. Jungkook was beyond pretty to him, and he had a hard time not just pull him closer and plant some kisses all over his face. On top of that, Jungkook seemed to be curious with EVERYTHING.

It was even more endearing how he asked through gestures what they were eating, what this or that was, how some mechanics of merman technology worked, rushing from one cabin to the other, while Taehyung chuckled, swimming after him. "This is our wellness room", he said proudly, having Jungkook's jaw drop. They had massages? Wellness?! There was much more he didn't know as it seemed.

Taehyung gave a quick crash course of merman culture and their wellness culture as well. Jungkook was amazed and shocked at the same time. Merman's were way less primitive than he thought. Taehyung needed to promise him that they will return and have a wellness session together later there.

He was like a child who was learning about his world for the first time. Eyes big, mouth almost always agape, swimming from here to there quickly. Taehyung loved seeing Jungkook like this. Hoping he liked his world as much as Taehyung liked the human world. "And here is our library." Jungkook quickly swam inside, looking at everything in awe.

They spent good 2 hours in there, with Taehyung explaining a lot of things Jungkook couldn't understand. They developed meanwhile a little bit of a hand sign language with each other, Taehyung nonetheless needed to be very observant and attentive to get what Jungkook wanted to say. Jungkook got really frustrated when Taehyung wasn't able to guess what he was saying or asking.

He didn't know what he did to Taehyung's heart with his pouting and huffing. The merman felt the urge to hug him constantly, kissing him and patting his head, but he couldn't just do that, right?

They went further to see the work of blacksmith, who crafted all weapons of the merman folk. Taehyung's closer friend Beomgyu was part of them too, smiling as he saw the two of them, showing Jungkook gladly how to craft tools and weapons. Jungkook was in pure awe again. They used different techniques, used the power of water to sharp their weapons. They used metals and gems from the caves; shark teeth, corals and bones.