In your melody

Three weeks have past, since Taehyung brought Jungkook back to his usual human life. Three weeks where he last saw him. Three weeks of absolute pain and sadness. Joy took great care of him, and to tell her everything that happened during his week of being a merman eased his pain a bit. She laughed with him, gasped at some parts, cried along with him in the end. Two days later, he was recovered and on his way back to Busan. Away from Taehyung. More away from him.

But his heart seemed to stay with him, not coming along to his home. His parents were annoying though; talking about his and Joy's marriage nonstop, a marriage that will never happen, but they just didn't understand. Oh, how he wished to be back into the sea, waking up in Taehyung's arms, knowing it was all a bad dream.

He kept on studying and helped to keep the sea clean, making new laws he tried his father to acknowledge his ideas about fishing and so on. He tried his best to keep going, but in the evening, it yearned him to go to the sea, even when it was already dark, wind mercilessly dashing against his face in the middle of October.

Every time he was out there, he would listen to Taehyung's melody, holding the shell possessively to his ear, closing his eyes and dwell in his memories with the siren. His love didn't fade one bit, and he hoped Taehyung was feeling that too. Where could he be? What was he doing? Was his father angry with him? Did his mother stay with them? What about Hwasa?

So many unanswered questions were occupying his mind the whole day.

He didn't know that Undine parted after that again, while Hee-sun stayed a bit longer, until her duties called for her again. She promised to come back more frequently. Hwasa received her punishment and was banned to be quiet for a whole month, Undine punishing her for using Jungkook to hurt Taehyung, taking her voice away like she was taking Jungkook's away along with her magic power. She stayed as medico though, but was watched after by Jin. She was lucky that they didn't punish her harder. Undine decided that she wasn't violent yet against Jungkook, and that she even helped two lovers being together, even if her motives were bad.

Hyunjin was taking care of her though, visiting her every day, talking to her, helping her out, even when she wasn't able to speak nor be powerful like she was before. Hwasa learnt through that what love meant, and she started to change. They started a serious relationship, which the sea king allowed but didn't support much yet.

The sea king had a lot to think about, especially since Taehyung wasn't himself anymore. He was wrong with his hate for humans, was wrong with a lot of things. His wife gave him a lecture of how to treat their sons, but also explained a lot of things to him. He was grateful and thought about a solution for Taehyung and Jungkook almost permanently.

It was true love what they had, and his father wanted nothing else than his sons to be happy and safe. So he asked Undine for a solution before they parted, and they just winked at him, letting him back in confusion, but somewhat relieved, since there seemed to be one.

Unexpectedly, Yoongi visited Jungkook too. "Hey Jungkookie", he hopped onto the ship Jungkook was sitting on, reading. "How are you?" Jungkook didn't know if he should bow or straight get down on his knees, now that he knew Yoongi was a half-god. "Yoongi....hyung", he stood up quickly and bowed politely, having a snort coming from the shorter man. "Oh, stop that bullshit. You don't have to do that. I'm here to check up on you, not asking for any worshiping." Jungkook stood up and smirked lightly, as he walked up to Yoongi, who sat on the railing. Jungkook let his crossed arms rest on the wood and let his head fall on it.

"Well...I'm in pain. Miss him. Miss to be a merman too." Yoongi nodded, "he misses you too." Jungkook straighten up at that. "How is he? Did he tell something?" Yoongi chuckled. "I just checked in last week. I'm not that much around, you know. Godly business", he sighed, and stretched his limbs, having Jungkook grin. "I always thought you are a pirate, but here we are, knowing you are a god." "Half god", Yoongi corrected. "But yeah. Sorry for giving the wrong impression. Not that I wasn't smuggling merman and other creatures over the sea", he smirked "But to protect them. Nothing else. Free them, if necessary."