Chapter 5

Pov

*61 years later*

"Mom why do we need another vacation house? We've got like 10 or more already all over the world. Why in the Japanese countryside?"

"That's because Japan is where I grew up. And this part of the country side is exotic. My kind of taste," I smiled at my eldest daughter, Esmerelda. She was 52.

The twins, Marceline and Warren, 46. I named Marcy after Marcarita, the Angel with pigtails.

Aiden being 40 and the youngest, Louis being 29.

And I 80. I know, I'm quite old.

Yet we all don't look a day of 25. Sometimes people mistaken me for my children's sibling. But we just go with it. I've gotten all of them from Antonio, he died 5 years ago out of a heart disease. He had outgrown us all. Even if I looked like a child with him, I was still not afraid to be affectionate towards him in public. And in France, where I settled at at 40, the paparazzi got used to the "Anala Florist, famous blue skinned designer with eternal youth and her model husband Antonio Casagrande". My relationship with Antonio was known when we were only 29, when we had Esmerelda. And thats how the eternal youth theory was formulated. Of course I had a lot of targets on my head but Avarie had always been with me and I learned a lot of martial arts and the usage of energy.

Anyway.

"Why did you leave my great grand and grand babies behind? This will be a family home after all," we had a huge family over the past years.

"I told them to not leave them behind," Louis said, mainly focusing on his cell phone.

"Oh hush now Louisa, how can we possibly fit them all in this car. We had no time to rent one over here" Esme replied rolling her eyes.

"Louis is right. If mama  wants to buy a family home, we need to all be there to approve of it. That is why it's called 'family' Esme," Aiden agreed with his younger brother. I knew that a fight would be next. They always did this when they were together. Even if Aiden knew his eldest sister had a child as old as him.

"Mama they're starting this again"

"Just leave them be Warren. There's no use"

"But mama!"

I drifted off as I looked outside of the black window, clear if I wished it to be. The landscape whizzed at 75km/h and I started to hum a soft tune to bring me at peace, away from my children's fight.

"What are you thinking?" Marcy asked, penetrating to the sound of arguing. I didn't pay much attention to her question and just answered.

"A man"

Everything went quiet as soon as I said that. And now I regretted it. These kids would pay attention to any trigger word that was used.

"A man. Who? Are you online dating mama? Yes that's why your head has been in the clouds lately"

"He must be hot"

"Mama did you bring us here to meet him?"

"How old is he? I mean age isn't really a problem to our family is it?"