25 : The Rumoured Lover

The carriage leisurely headed to the south of the capital. Huiss, the capital of the Roan Kingdom. People were clearly busy getting ready for the upcoming birthday celebration.

The black haired woman who just got woken up,
Roksoo looked out through the slightly lifted curtain and started to think.

In the novel, Choi Han ran into Lock, the only survivor of the Blue Wolf Tribe and someone with the Wolf King’s bloodline, before running into the secret organization once again. After that, Choi Han would run into the secret organization once more at the capital terror incident.

Harris Village, Choi Han’s first residence outside the Forest of Darkness. This secret organization was the one that had murdered everyone in the village. He had run into the organization twice, but he did not have much information on them.

‘The assassins don’t have stars on their clothes.’

Since assassination was the goal for both Harris Village and the Blue Wolf Tribe, the secret organization sent their assassin squad. The assassin squad only wears black clothes without the stars, just in case something goes wrong. They were people who chose to take their own lives if they were caught.

But things will change starting at the capital.

‘That blood-loving punk will show up.’

While preventing the terror incident with Rosalyn, Choi Han comes in contact with a leader of the secret organization. That leader and their subordinates all have the white star and five red stars on their chest.

The happy citizens decorating the streets, and the streets that were becoming very beautiful. All of this would turn into a place of despair in a week.

“Young master Taylor.”

They were now at the southern part of Huiss, at the location of the noble residences. Cale’s carriage stopped in front of a building, and Cale stood up along with Roksoo and got ready to exit.

“Aster will take care of you once we arrive at the residence. You just need to head out that way.”

Roksoo was looking at the door as before she open her mouth to speak. “Forget everything.” She could hear Taylor and Cage’s voice coming from behind them..

“Thank you very much.”
“See you in a joyful environment next time.”

Roksoo started to smile. Cage and Taylor continued to look at them, but neither Cale, nor Roksoo paid the two people any attention.

Click.

The carriage door opened.

“Young master, M'lady we have arrived.”

Cale, Roksoo and the kittens could all see Taylor and Cage, but did not look at them. They just acted like the two of them weren’t there, and got off the carriage.

Roksoo did not pay any more attention to the carriage, and turned around. “Oh.” she then let out a gasp of admiration. The kittens, On and Hong, seemed to be surprised as well, as their golden pupils were extremely dilated.

“…It’s even better than I expected.”

The Count really was wealthy. Past the large iron gate was a five-story residence. There was even a garden between the gate and the building itself. It was not fancy or shiny, but it definitely looked more expensive than the nearby noble residences.

It had the aura and look of a building that definitely took a large amount of money to build. At the center of it was, naturally, a sculpture with the Henituse family’s golden turtle on it.

Screeeech. Bang!

The large gate with the golden turtle crest on it slowly opened. The guard opening the gate, as well as the butler of the residence and the servants, all lined up to greet Cale.

“Young master Cale Henituse! Young Mistress Roksoo! Welcome to the capital!”

It was an extremely respectful greeting. They were bowing their heads so low that their heads looked like it would reach the ground. The old man who seemed to be in charge was speaking so loudly it looked like he might hurt his vocal chords.

“We will do our very best to serve you!”

"Why are they like this?" Roksoo whispered at the redhead who was standing beside her with his arms on her waist. while Roksoo was carrying the two kittens at her arms.

"I dunno." He definitely knows what's going on.

Roksoo found it annoying to ask, and approached the old man in charge and helped him up. She then looked toward the rest of the servants and started to speak.

“Everybody, lift your heads up.” The servants quickly raised their heads. They had never seen Cale while working at the residence. However, they had definitely heard stories about Cale from the people that visited from the Henituse territory.

However, instead of a man's voice it was a woman's voice who spoke. as they looked towards the unknown woman standing beside the redhead young master—said young master has his arms wrapped around the lady's waist.

The trash, Cale. The servants here heard that Cale considered people who worked in the estate as either nobles or useless people. Sometimes, he didn’t even treat them like people. Moreover, They also heard the rumors going around about the young master's lover.

Although most of them didn't believe the rumors going around, imagine their shocked expression when they were inform by the count and the countess themselves that the eldest young master is going in the capital with his rumoured lover.

And they can only recognize the black haired woman beside the redhead young master as the rumoured lover. making them anxious about what Roksoo was going to say next and waited for her to continue.

"No need to be this respectful in the future. I do not like to cause any issues to people who do their job well.”

The servants’ gazes all turned towards Cale. Cale could see that they were all still stiff and started to frown. "She's my lover and also your mistress, listen to her words."

The servants’ expressions all turned odd. one can recognize their expression as shocked. as Cale sigh. “Ask Hans if you have any questions.”

He had enough to do as is, so it was better to leave everything to Hans. Plus, there was no reason to pay a lot of attention when it wasn't  involving Roksoo. Cale looked toward the servants, whose expressions were getting slightly better, and started to walk with his one arm still wrapped on his lover's waist.

“Let’s go.” Both Cale and Roksoo walked in front as they headed to the five-story building. When a homeowner enters their house for the first time, they needed to personally walk from the gate to the door of the residence. This symbolized that this was his/their territory.

Count Deruth and the Countess had walked into this residence like this before, but Cale was now the owner of this large residence along with of course, none other than his Darling Rose.

Screeeech-

The large iron gate with the golden turtle closed. At the same time, as it usually is with information in the capital, the nearby nobles all learned of the arrival of the Henituse family’s representative. This happened even faster than the person Cale sent to the palace to inform the crown of his arrival could reach the palace.