Stranger's package

The sun shined so brightly as Shane made his way into the white colored bus stood in the bus stop.

There were only a handful of people waiting for the bus. He made his way into the bus which was mostly empty. The seat covers were brown as the chocolate he liked. The resemblance of the seat covers color to the chocolate made him smile slightly.

A tall and slender man in black coat had a big suitcase following him as he dragged it along the aisle.

He passed Shane past his seat to the next one alongside the window. Shane felt that the man was rude as he just passed next to his seat without even asking anything to him.

He being a soft hearted person even though being hurt slightly, he smiled towards the man. But the man did not try giving a reply.

This did not make Shane stop himself being the chatterbox that he was. He turned towards the man and asked where he was headed.

Yet there was no response , but Shane wanted an ear to hear, not a response. He went on telling random things to the man, but still there was, as usual, no response.

The ticket collector came by and he asked only the man for a ticket but not to Shane. This made Shane feel a bit bizarre.

He just tried brushing it off as if the conductor may have not noticed him or he might return later to ask him. The road was a rural one so it was pretty rough with frequent ups and downs.

The time passed by, but Shane no longer minded speaking to the responseless stranger. Still when he looked at the stranger it felt a little strange as if he had already met the guy yet he could not remember where.

After an hour or so the stranger climbed off the bus. Shane was still sleeping when the stranger left. The bus suddenly came to an halt.

Shane was woken up as the black suitcase which seemed pretty heavy slid down the aisle to where the driver and the ticket collector were seated, which was right in the beginning part of the bus. They both looked at the suitcase. But they were puzzled and the collector asked in loud voice if anyone was still on the bus.

Shane replied that he was and that he thinks the suitcase belonged to the guy who was previously sitting beside him. But the collector seemed to just ignore Shane completely for no particular reason.

The suitcase just stood in the middle of the bus so Shane got up and went near it. He wondered if he should open the suitcase and look inside of it. He thought he might be able to get an address of the stranger and he could maybe even try returning it.

Shane was late to make up his mind because the collector got up from his seat and reached out for the suitcase.

He bent and slipped the zip open slowly. The zipper made a 'Grrr' noise as it opened. After it was open there were only screams from both the collector and the driver as they saw the insides of the suitcase.

Shane had cold sweat dripping from his forehead as he looked towards the glass of the window, which showed his reflection, but the suitcase laying open also seemed to have his reflection too.

How could that be possible?
He thought as he saw his own head and the open eyes staring back at him. There was a weird thing, though.

The head did not seem to be connected to a body. There were hands and feet in the suitcase as if there were pieces of an unsolved puzzle.

Suddenly, the memories hit him of the apartment and the stranger being in his apartment.
There were drug traffickers in his area, and he had accidently heard and seen some things that he should never have.

So after being seen by those people, he had tried to run and hide in the apartment, but it was a failed attempt.

This was how he had ended up being found in the black suitcase as a jigsaw puzzle.

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading