Chapter Fourteen: Dr. Strom

"Papa?" 

I looks up at him as he carried me to my room, Mimi rushing towards us before stepping aside.

"Yes?"

"I'm s-sorry..." I could barely get my voice out, my body felt so heavy.

"As long as you never do something like this again-" I could feel Papa's hand on my head as he spoke. "You will never have to apologize for this."

"Y-yes, Papa...." I nodded off, my eyes slowly closing as the pressure in my head gets stronger.

"Soraya?" Papa's voice seemed to echo in my ears as I sank into the dark water, the heaviness I felt pulling me down. "Soraya- child! Mimi-"

Papa's and Mimi's voices became muffled as my head sank below the water before disappearing entirely.

"Mimi-" I turn towards the old witch in a panic as the child goes limp in my arms.

"I'll get the doctor!" She flicks her wrist as we ran to Soraya's room.

I carefully place her on the bed, my hand brushing against her forehead and feeling that searing hot.

"Your Majesty." Mimi places a wet towel into my hands. "Place that across her forehead to help cool her down."

BAM!

The door to Soraya's room slams open as the doctor is dragged in by Mimi's magic before they are dumped onto the ground.

"A little warning would be nice." Doctor Jada Strom huffs, fixing his monocle over his half-skeleton face and adjusting his robes before standing upright with his cane.

"What is wrong with the child." I glance over at Mimi as he moved to check on Soraya.

"Its the flu." He sighs after listening to her heart and lungs while checking her temperature.

"The flu? That's it?"

"It is quite common for humans to get sick."  Dr. Strom holds back a sigh as he realizes I was here, being a bit more respectful. "Especially children. The child just needs rest and nutritional food."

He glances back at the small child that barely took up a quarter of the bed.

"However, due to her previous injuries and poor health- we will need to keep a close eye since she had yet to completely recover."

"Soraya is in that bad of a state?" I could hear her small pained gasps as she slept.

"The child has only been here for what? Not even a full month?" Dr. Strom scoffs. "She was extremely malnourished with her body covered in cuts and bruises- some of which have yet to heal; not including having her tendons almost sliced completely by a blade. And don't even get me stared on her mental state."

He takes a long breath, some of the air causing a rattling noise in his chest.

"So, yes: she's in a dangerous spot right now because the child now has to fight the flu on top of all that!"