Chapter Seventeen: Recovering

"You have a few more guests Soraya." Papa says as the doors open once more with Nadia and Aidan rush in; their ears flat against their heads.

"Princess!!"

The twins quickly bow to Papa and Grandpa before looking at me with tears in their eyes.

"Are you feeling better? Does anywhere hurt? This was our fault that you got sick!" Their voices bended together.

"I-i'm better." I couldn't help but giggle a little though a cough quickly followed. 

"Hey!" Aidan turns towards Dr. Strom, his tail suddenly standing up straight. "As a doctor, shouldn't you be making sure that your patient is recovering?!"

"Princess Soraya is recovering." He sniffs, fixing the strange glass circle around his grey eye. "However, she is a human- it will take time and will not be overnight." 

~~~~~~

What the skeleton doctor said was right; it took two days before I didn't feel tired with just lifting myself up in bed and another before I was allowed to wander outside once more. Both Aidan and Nadia surrounded me each time, not hesitating to pick me up and run to the doctor if I showed sign of still being sick.

Papa was almost as bad, though I was happy to see him more often since he would eat all of his meals with me and tuck me in at night. Whenever I was in the garden, I could see him staring out the window so I made sure to wave at him each time- so that he wouldn't be worried.

Dr. Strom was scary to me at first, but he was really nice. He still gave me sweets after taking the yucky medicine but they were soft and chewable.  He's also been helping me with my stuttering and made sure that everyone helped as well.

Grandpa started classes with me a week later, teaching me how to read since Dr. Strom gave the okay that I had recovered from the cold.

The letters here were a little different then what I learned at school, but it wasn't hard to get used to them.

Grandpa praised me each time with candy after mastering each of the letters. The first word that I written was 'Papa'.

I wanted to write his full name, but it was really hard to make it look straight. I asked Grandpa to keep it a secret that I was practicing writing since I wanted to surprise Papa with it.

Finally, I was able to write Papa's name nicely and headed to his office to show him.

"Papa?" I knocked on the door as Grandpa held me in his arms. 

"Come in."

The doors open, showing Papa sitting at a big table with stacks of paper on either side of him.

"Hello, Soraya." Papa looks up at me, his eyes looking over the glass circles that rested against his face. "Have a seat."

Grandpa sets me down as a cushie couch appears with a table and sweets. I hide the paper behind me as I stood in front of the table.

"What is wrong, my daughter?" Papa puts down his black feathered pen.

"I-i have somet-thing for you." I pull out the paper and showed it to him.

"What is this?" Papa uses magic to lift me up over the table and sets me down on his lap, taking the paper and opening it."

"Y-your name." My cheeks felt hot. "Its the s-second word I learned to w-write."

"The second?"

"Papa was f-first."

He looks down, seeing 'Papa Terzin' on the paper.

"Thank you Soraya." Papa leans down and kisses me on the head. "I will treasure this."

Magic swirls around the paper before it disappears for a moment, reappearing in a frame that rested on the desk.

"What a wonderful display." Grandpa chuckles as Papa stands, carrying me to the couch and sitting with me as he reached for the sweets. 

"Do y-you really like it?" 

"Of course." Papa smiled at me. "Of course I will be sure to return the favor."

"Y-you don't have to."

"You should accept a present from your father, my granddaughter." Grandpa chuckled again as he joined us. "And there will be a grand party for it as well..."

He pauses for a moment.

"Soraya, dear." A strange look covers his face. "Do you when is your date of birth?"

"D-date of birth?"

"The day you were born." Papa had the same look on his face.

"I-i don't know. No one e-ever told me."

I look down at my hands, not noticing the looks that Papa and Grandpa sent each other.

"I see."

"We are not blaming you, child." Grandpa quickly tries to reassure me after Papa's response.

Silence fills the room, Papa was quiet though he still fed me sweets. Grandpa left with me soon afterwards, but Papa wasn't the only one who was strangely quiet.

Hey everyone! Its your favorite author once more!! Sorry for the late night chapter, I had meant to post this during Thanksgiving break but some stuff happened and doctor's appointments, family visits, and vet appointments took over the time for me to finish writing.

(Now don't worry, the doctor appointments were just routine- nothing important. The vet appointments were for the family cats; which was fun I tell ya.😅)

So now that I finally actually had a chance to sit down and finish the chapter: I tried to make sure to post it today.🥰

I also had the fun idea of sewing a Hogwarts robe for my brother for Christmas (which has also been fun) that has been taking a lot of time. I have never actually made a article of clothing before so I definitely been scrambling a bit to make sure I'm doing it write.🥲

I hope everyone has done well on finals/tests (if your in school) and been getting to enjoy the holiday season!🎄🎄

I do plan on posting more chapters before the end of the year (my goal is posting up to chapter 20 so fingers crossed).

And as always:

Love all of you and thank you for reading!!!!🥰🥰